Camera Not Responding

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with my camera not responding. It quits working after I send a photo from the app or open the camera from the lock screen. It will work fine until I try to open it again, it then does one of two things. I'll get a message saying that it can not connect to the camera, or it will open, but it will only show up on half of the screen.

Has anyone else had this issue? I talked to a friend of mine about it and he hasn't had this happen to him.

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive not heard of this - you could try clearing the Camera app's data by going into Settings > Apps> All and choosing Camera. Clear cache/data.
Also, reboots are the universal fix...have you tried both of those? Just some options

earlyxoomer

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
my camera is very slow to open from the lock screen. the first time it takes about 15 seconds. if i then exit to home screen, lock phone, then unlock to camera, it gets progressively longer each time. over 30 seconds to start camera after a few tries. Camera opens much faster from regular icon.
anyone else with this issue?

Ruben181

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I too have been having the "camera not connected" error. Can not cause the error regardless of functions i preform but it always clears up with reboot. Have not been able to get it to work by clearing cache and force closing. Very strange. BTW i am rooted on stock 4.0.2 with stock kernel.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I get the same kind of issues. Mine seems to do it, when I leave the cam in "recent apps" without swiping it away. When I restore it sometimes it goes black screen and sometimes I get the "cam not connected " error. Requires a reboot.

My Pre+ acted almost exactly like this. When I got the GN a few weeks back I could not believe it was happening again. Different phone+OS+Carrier ... same problem. Surreal.