It's been 48 hours since I've been able to connect via 3G

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It's been a little over 2 days since I was last able to connect to 3G (no 4G where I live) and I've tried everything I know to get it to work including a factory reset.

Unless there's any suggestions from the knowledgeable crowd on this forum I'm taking it back to Verizon.

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem. I have to pull the damn battery for it to be picked up again but then shortly goes in and out thereafter.

Annoying as hell.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
do the battery pull with the SIM card too. How do you have your phone settings?
Are you set to toggle between 3G and 4G or are you set to CDMA only?
There are helpful people here but the network is having issues at this time. You can call Verizon from a landline and have them troubleshoot your phone with you

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
*228 the thing. I had it happen on my X a few times and after a few minutes it came back. There is also a data outage going on about 8 hours so it might not work anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
*228 won't work on any verizon 4G phone. VZW LTE uses sim card's to update prl lists.

I'm in the same situation, but I don't reset. I did the battery pull, sim pull, reboot, airplaine toggle.

What I've been doing, that's been working is dialing #832. That's Verizon's test number, you can call it to make sure you're connected. As soon as I call that I get those lovable blue 3g bars back.

And tntdroid, i just sent you a news tip instead of a reply... my bad....

Reactions: Evo01 and tntdroid

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Galaxy Nexus tonight. I can't get a 4G signal at work (should be able to) and these outages are completely unacceptable.

For now I'm back on my wife's old Fascinate.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
*228 won't work on any verizon 4G phone. VZW LTE uses sim card's to update prl lists.

I'm in the same situation, but I don't reset. I did the battery pull, sim pull, reboot, airplaine toggle.

What I've been doing, that's been working is dialing #832. That's Verizon's test number, you can call it to make sure you're connected. As soon as I call that I get those lovable blue 3g bars back.

And tntdroid, i just sent you a news tip instead of a reply... my bad....

Lol as I said used it on my droid x. First 4g phone here. Learn something new daily. Now I know not to give that a shot.

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips.

It works now. The only thing that did it was #832.

Good to hear, no Idea why that works. It just does.

Lol as I said used it on my droid x. First 4g phone here. Learn something new daily. Now I know not to give that a shot.

Yeah, sim cards auto update, my first 4g phone too. I tried *228 the first day I got the phone and had to research why it didn't work.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Galaxy Nexus tonight. I can't get a 4G signal at work (should be able to) and these outages are completely unacceptable.

For now I'm back on my wife's old Fascinate.

They're not unacceptable at all. Inconvenient? Yes. Unacceptable? Only if you have no idea how difficult and complex it is to roll out a new network technology nationally

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
They're not unacceptable at all. Inconvenient? Yes. Unacceptable? Only if you have no idea how difficult and complex it is to roll out a new network technology nationally

LOL. I think that that is subjective and he can decide, as a consumer, what is and isnt unacceptable. For him.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Its not our problem if Verizon is having a problem rolling out "a new network technology nationally".
They aren't readily refunding us any money for our troubles are they?

Yesterday I couldn't get a 4G OR a 3G connection. And I even have LTE disabled on my phone....
I agree that we need to accept a grain of salt with this phone, but we don't have to like it..

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

For me it is unacceptable. I can't babysit my phone and play with the settings every couple of days to put it on this network or that network...

The phone was nice, great screen, good UI, etc...

I just realized that I don't have the time to be on the cutting edge of technology anymore. I'd rather be on a slower but more stable network for the time being.

I appreciate how difficult it must be for Verizon to roll out this new network, I applaud them for putting money back into their infrastructure and making everything (in the long run) better.

I just can't be a beta-tester for them until they get it working properly. I'll be back with a 4G device when things settle down and they show that the new network has some stability.