Can't get the battery cover back on!

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have only taken the batter cover off a few times and it is a pain with all the snapping it takes to get the cover back on. I recently took it off to take the battery out and back in and can't get the cover to go back on completely. I tried for almost 1/2 hr and it wouldn't go back on. Mainly the bottom left corner just won't snap in and when i try to force it the other side pops up. I can't figure out why, I did not drop the phone or anything.

Here are some photos, any ideas?

Thanks.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
fit the bottom on first, make sure it's perfectly in place, then snap the top of the cover in

i've got the stock cover on over the extended battery and it still snaps in place

travva

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, seriously? LOL... man. How about take the cover off completely, ok? Now, catch your breath and calm down some. Deep breaths. Good. Now, put it back on starting with... THE SIDE THAT WON'T SNAP ON. OH MY GODDDDDDDDD MIND BLOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! No, but seriously that should do it. It is a pain in the ass to get going, but I seriously don't think it's new-thread worthy.

Reactions: iastonish

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol sorry i tried all that made me lose my mind when i secure the bottom first it then pops out when i put the rest on its weird i never had that issue feel like im going crazy

techie1961

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
There is a little trick to the GN cover. If you look at it carefully, you will see that there are 2 tabs that have to slide in at the bottom but the next 2 tabs up along the sides are bit different than the others up the side. They have to slide under at the same time as the 2 tabs. They are kind of hook like while the rest of the tabs up the side clip in.

So, insert the 2 bottom tabs and at the same time make sure the next 2 are pushed in at the same time as you slide the cover down. Now squeeze the rest of the cover on.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
There is a little trick to the GN cover. If you look at it carefully, you will see that there are 2 tabs that have to slide in at the bottom but the next 2 tabs up along the sides are bit different than the others up the side. They have to slide under at the same time as the 2 tabs. They are kind of hook like while the rest of the tabs up the side clip in.

So, insert the 2 bottom tabs and at the same time make sure the next 2 are pushed in at the same time as you slide the cover down. Now squeeze the rest of the cover on.
+1

And, make SURE the hooks aren't bent up. I am betting the hooks have been bent up, at least on one side, from trying to push it closed. (dont ask how I know). Look very closely at the hooks. Put your finger nail under them and pry them up/apart from the back if they are too close to the cover to engage the clips on the phone. When done right, it just snaps on. But, you must get the bottom done first.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
+1

And, make SURE the hooks aren't bent up. I am betting the hooks have been bent up, at least on one side, from trying to push it closed. (dont ask how I know). Look very closely at the hooks. Put your finger nail under them and pry them up/apart from the back if they are too close to the cover to engage the clips on the phone. When done right, it just snaps on. But, you must get the bottom done first.

Yeah, this is the exact problem I had. Definitely check those bottom hooks. Before I bent them worse by pressing harder, I stumbled onto this solve. From the looks of his photos, that seems to be the issue here.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This is unreal but I think this hook issue is what I need to figure out. Here is another photo, so the last 2 tabs on the bottom left and right (before the 3 on the bottom) is what you are referring too as hooks? Sorry just had surgery on my eye lol hard to see things close for a few days.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok got it, the 2 hooks on the bottom had to pry back up with mt nail, holy crap I would never have figured that out. Thanks.

virtuallj

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
VZW has replacement back covers for $4.95 -
think I'll buy one before I inevitably break mine ...
Mine did the same exact thing after playing with it for a while i just took the tab on the side that wont go in completely and bent it out slightly, did it with my teeth and presto wnt right on no problem, apparently some off these tabs are bent in forward too much and wont catch, just bend it out a bit. should work