I cannot get my Browser to sync with Chrome

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I can't get my Nexus stock browser to sync with Chrome on my computer.

When I went into my gmail settings and looked at the browser information it said I had 12,993 bookmarks. Clearly that's impossible so I cleared it out.

However the next time I tried to sync it it was up to over 1200 bookmarks before I stopped.

I cleared it again and this time also cleared the bookmarks off my phone.

Now it won't sync at all.

Does anyone know how to clear the phones browser bookmarks completely? Or know how I can get this working?

Thanks,

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I did not realize it was possible to synch them.

I know of no way to mass remove them but you can remove one by long pressing it in the bookmark menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've done that to all of the ones I can.

Do you have bookmarks checked in your sync settings? If so it does it automatically.

I had to uncheck it because it just spun.

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure so I checked. Everything under my email is checked. I don't see one for bookmarks only one for the browser, but it is checked as well.
I will have to look into this.

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well then I am in the same boat as well.
Just discovered a problem I didn't know I had.

I was thinking about trying that dolphin browser anyways to see what that is like.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The stock browser is by far the best.

But I've unchecked it from sync until I can figure out how to get it to work. Going to call Samsung tomorrow.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever get this issue resolved? My browser stopped syncing on 2/18/12 and the white arrow just spins like its trying to update but to no avail. Does your work now or is there a fix for this issue ?? It synced half my bookmarks and like I said wont sync at all now.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No I never got it resolved.

However once I downloaded the beta chrome mobile app it did sync with that so I don't worry about it anymore.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear you, funny thing is that synced with no issue for me as well. I like Chrome and I hope the finished product includes "view website as desktop" because some mobile sites are just awful. If it does that I wont need the stock browser anymore.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah,

Also when you go to a website on Chrome there is a lag before it pulls it up that's annoying. It needs to be faster.

Then again it's a beta.

I agree about desktop vs. mobile - I would always choose desktop.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah,

Also when you go to a website on Chrome there is a lag before it pulls it up that's annoying. It needs to be faster.

Then again it's a beta.

I agree about desktop vs. mobile - I would always choose desktop.

Sorry to hear about your issues, other then bookmarks doubling up i've never had an issue syncing them myself. You can try clearing the data on the browser and starting fresh to see if this helps the sync any.

You also might be spinning your wheels by calling samsung about this issue. Samsung makes the hardware, not the browsers, accounts or the OS thats involved with your issue. This sounds like a google issue, not a samsung issue.

I agree that the stock browser is still more complete, because it has flash available on it. But if your having lag on Chrome for android its probably your connection, not the browser. Webpages come up immediately for me on strong connections and still decently fast on slower ones.

Plus if your on wifi, chrome has website preload over wifi. Makes for a much nicer browsing experience. Webpages load almost instantly for me. Mind blowing how fast it can get. This being a beta it will only get faster/better as time moves on, but for being a beta chrome is crazy fast.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The stock ics browser is better than Dolphin in my opinion. I used Dolphin on my dx forever. Chrome is very nice, but like Firefox it absolutely hogs memory. Take a look at its memory use. I hope they can improve that some. I can't imagine these guys trying to run it on a lesser phone.