Wallpaper on homescreen help

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hope someone can help. I have lots of images on my phone from my storm 2 when I open the gallery they are full screen images and look perfect. I want to just set them that way as my homescreen. It then asks me to crop the image when the image fits perfectly on the screen the way it is. If I crop the image then it enlarges it and doesn't fit. What can I do

TIA

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Hope someone can help. I have lots of images on my phone from my storm 2 when I open the gallery they are full screen images and look perfect. I want to just set them that way as my homescreen. It then asks me to crop the image when the image fits perfectly on the screen the way it is. If I crop the image then it enlarges it and doesn't fit. What can I do

TIA
When you go to "crop" them just set the borders at the maximum so that they aren't cropped at all.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Keep dragging all dots as big as possible. You may have to drag the square itself to the corner. You may have to keep moving and dragging half a dozen times until you choose the maximum area.

What you want is for one of the sides to be maximized (the crop side to equal to the picture side), most likely the width.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Keep dragging all dots as big as possible. You may have to drag the square itself to the corner. You may have to keep moving and dragging half a dozen times until you choose the maximum area.

What you want is for one of the sides to be maximized (the crop side to equal to the picture side), most likely the width.

Wow this is almost imposible for me to figure out boy am i slow or something. How do i take a screenshot so i can show you

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The original picuture is only 330x480

that may be the problem, since the original picture is smaller than our screens, it will need to increase its size to fit making it look bad.

To do a screen cap, press the volume button and the power button simultaneously.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I suggest getting new pictures. Seriously. Are these from a camera or previous wallpapers? A screencap is not going to give you a full image either. A Google search might turn up the same pictures you have, yet with better resolution. That's only if they were previous wallpapers of course.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I see so I guess all my pictures won't work then.

Thank you so much

If you email the pictures to your account use an editor like Ms paint. you can extend their borders. Essentially they'll look like a picture on a blank wall.

Or you could do a collage of 2 or 4 pictures and they would look fine

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I suggest getting new pictures. Seriously. Are these from a camera or previous wallpapers? A screencap is not going to give you a full image either. A Google search might turn up the same pictures you have, yet with better resolution. That's only if they were previous wallpapers of course.

Yes they were all logos and wallpapers I picked up along the strom 2 days. Love them all would take a long time to edit all of them. I will try and research the ones i really want to use.

Thanks

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you email the pictures to your account use an editor like Ms paint. you can extend their borders. Essentially they'll look like a picture on a blank wall.

Or you could do a collage of 2 or 4 pictures and they would look fine

Gonna try and edit using your suggestion.

Thank you
New to all this stuff. BB so easy lol

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble, too. It won't let me make the size of the wallpaper be the size of the original picture and it is distorting the pictures. This is using pics I downloaded from the free android wallpapers here.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you post the originals I can try my hand at it. Or I'm sure someone else can

Thank you here are two of them and if you tell me how I can do the rest

TIA

giantsLoyd2.jpg

NeonPinkgiantscopy.jpg

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is that ICS has 3 homescreens, so when it is asking you to crop the picture, it is asking you to show it what portion of the picture you want on the middle homescreen. The rest of the picture will be split over the other 2 homescreens (the far left and far right ones).

So it looks like there is no way to get the entire picture on the middle homescreen, which is what you want to be able to do. Ideally what I would like to be able to do is to have the same picture take up the entire middle homescreen and repeat that on each of the other 2 homescreens.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I went into some kind of paint and hit resize picuture, clicked on pixels tab and resized to
width 1440 and height 1280 and this is what i got still had to crop to use as wallpaper and couldn't drag whole image
Screenshot_2012-01-14-16-12-22.png

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I took the second one (the easy one ) and just repeated three pattern on all 4 sides. I used paint. Used copy and paste.

It might take a couple tries of moving and cropping to get it to look right.

edit, I had to do it over it didn't look big enough, man our screens are big lol

185dbd5b-f4d6-d1b1.jpg

Second one will be harder but I'll have to work on it later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eleni 22