Open Google Music but other app opens

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the third time that I have had this happen, so I thought that I would post about it.

Streamed Google Music on my way to work, and when I was going home, I wanted to do the same thing. When I opened Google Music, it didn't open. It opened the last program that I was using, which in this case was myfitnesspal. After hitting the home and key trying to open Google Music, it happened every time. I went into the cards and swiped away all of them, and opened Music again, but this time, my messages opened. The only way that I got my phone to open Music was to reboot it.

Has anyone had issues with the GNex not opening the app that you selected to open?

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday in the Gym I as listening to RDIO and decided to listen to one of the few projects I had on my GNEX. So I hit Google Music and RDIO opened back up. Figured it had something to do with them both being music programs but I did just have it open but yup!! Happened to me.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Same bug with me and its happened a couple of times. Its kind of annoying because the only fix I know is to reboot.

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue to. But all u have to do to get back into the music app, is click on the music widget. That is if u have the music widget on your home screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
This has happened a couple of times. It'll open up apps that I had been using earlier. I back out of them and it goes into the app before that. I have to keep backing out of everything until finally the music starts. Pretty frustrating.

hreputation

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue too but I used the widget before and then after discovering this. I have the 4.0.4 update and will test without the widget to see if it still occurs.

If anyone else has the update and knows either way let me know.