Battery saver

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang. Not sure if this has been mentioned. If you disable background data on apps that are data hogs, you can conserve a ton of power. I have disabled apps such as FB, Market, etc and do manual updates. Works great! Added hours!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang. Not sure if this has been mentioned. If you disable background data on apps that are data hogs, you can conserve a ton of power. I have disabled apps such as FB, Market, etc and do manual updates. Works great! Added hours!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How did you do the above?

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Should be...
Settings
Data usage
Scroll down to the app
Select it
Scroll down
Should be a check box....

If my memory is correct ;)

Yes it is correct.. Yup disabling background data helps a lot! also, uninstall or force stop the apps that aren't optimized for ics.... Some apps while optimized might also be buggy... I don't use fb anymore and my battery life improved a lot!! Something about the app kept using battery life... Install friendcaster instead!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Should be...
Settings
Data usage
Scroll down to the app
Select it
Scroll down
Should be a check box....

If my memory is correct ;)

Yes it is correct.. Yup disabling background data helps a lot! also, uninstall or force stop the apps that aren't optimized for ics.... Some apps while optimized might also be buggy... I don't use fb anymore and my battery life improved a lot!! Something about the app kept using battery life... Install friendcaster instead!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!
Thanks guys. I hadn't tried the above before. I had disabled things in the apps settings, but as soon as I would use the app again, they would be reactivated. Handling it this way that doesn't happen.