Full Resolution Wallpaper?

Akasch

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to set wall papers at their full resolution? I have wallpapers that are 1440 x 1280 but the phone forces me to crop them and then they appear blurry. Help please!

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Download Quick Pic from the market ...its another gallery that allows you to get most of the picture while cropping, unlike the stock gallery, which I agree is awful when it comes to static wallpapers

Reactions: Akasch

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Another good app to use is PicSpeed wallpaper, it is a free app with thousands of different HD wallpapers and allows you set any wallpaper (not just there's). Much easier and better then stock ICS.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to set wall papers at their full resolution? I have wallpapers that are 1440 x 1280 but the phone forces me to crop them and then they appear blurry. Help please!

stretch out the cropping box to make the wallpaper full sized when you're setting your wallpaper.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

You don't have to crop. You just resize the box.

Akasch

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll check out quickpic and picspeed. Thanks for the suggestions! Its really annoying how I've sized these photos and then the software zooms in on them.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll check out quickpic and picspeed. Thanks for the suggestions! Its really annoying how I've sized these photos and then the software zooms in on them.

Just drag the box until you see 'handles' (circles with arrows) appear, and you'll be able to resize the crop box. All of my wallpapers are 1440x1280 and not a single one are cropped smaller than that.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Just drag the box until you see 'handles' (circles with arrows) appear, and you'll be able to resize the crop box. All of my wallpapers are 1440x1280 and not a single one are cropped smaller than that.

I'm still surprised when people don't realize this. I have never used an Android phone that acted any differently. Sure, the crop box looks a little different here, but I also feel that it is pretty obvious.

Akasch

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Quickpic did just the trick! Thanks for the tip!

And I have been aware of resizing the box in the gallery but it has never worked right for me and doesn't do full resolution. I make my own wallpapers at 350 ppi so that may be why its zooming in. But quickpic works!

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Quickpic did just the trick! Thanks for the tip!

And I have been aware of resizing the box in the gallery but it has never worked right for me and doesn't do full resolution. I make my own wallpapers at 350 ppi so that may be why its zooming in. But quickpic works!

Quick pic not working for me. I had done a factory reset for Sprint to test my phone for hardware issues due to daily Sleep of Death (no dice, they didn't find any :( ) and now I can't do the scrolling wallpaper either.

Those of you saying to just drag the box: please believe me, it does not work. I've dragged and dragged and dragged - it will not budge. It will only get smaller or big enough to fit one screen, it will not let it be big enough to span multiple screens. Even with quick pic or Go Launcher EX, it doesn't work for me.

Elton

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out how to set as wallpaper. Just takes me in circles cropping and saving pic. Cannot figure out how to set.

That is odd. When I go to menu, set as, wallpaper, then do the cropping and press OK, it pulls up a "setting as wallpaper" for a moment, then when I got out, it is set.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I figured it out:

1) Install Quick Pic
2) Go to Display -> Screen Display -> (Home Screen) Wallpaper -> choose QuickPick Gallery. If it goes straight to Gallery, you may have set Gallery as your default so go to Settings -> Applications -> Gallery -> Reset Defaults
3) Pick a photo
4) It should now let you make the cropping box widescreen

That took me an embarrassingly long time =P (though i did figure it out yesterday morning, I jut didn't have this thread open at home)

Elton

PS Also works from GO Launcher Ex. Just hit the menu button on the home screen and select "Wallpaper" and it'll also let you choose QuickPic Gallery as the source.

Last edited:

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So you don't really need this 1:1 pixel variation going forward. It helps for cropping, but you can just use a very ultra high resolution picture and you will get the same crisp background. Try it. Try a 1900x1200 resolution wallpaper. It's all in the detail of the picture.

In gingerbread, they blurred the background. This is what caused me to always wonder why these high-resolution would get blurry, even with the pixel density, but in ICS, they don't blurr the background so you get a more crisper picture.

I don't follow these dimensions and my background looks just as good.

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm still surprised when people don't realize this. I have never used an Android phone that acted any differently. Sure, the crop box looks a little different here, but I also feel that it is pretty obvious.

Pretty obvious the crop box doesn't have the same resolution as the screen of the phone. Would be nice if I could just make a photo I took with the phone the wallpaper and not have to waste time manipulating the photo.

gStAv

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
The app "image 2 wallpaper" is the best for setting your own HD wide screen pictures.
Worked perfectly with my Galaxy Tav 10.1 ;)