Load tones/Mic cutting out theory

Strommer

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
On my second VZW Gnex, and still having both problems. Tried factory reset, different roms, rooted/non-rooted etc. After reading everything I could about the problem on many different forums, there seems to be no real pattern. Some people have the same problem through multiple phones, as in 3 or more! A few have reported success wiith replacement phones, but most just have the same problem again.
When I saw that someone else in ND also had the problem (for all I know there might be only 2 of 'em up here :) ) I went back and found that there were others reporting the problem in the same locations. Sometimes their friend has the same problem. Maybe?
Perhaps everyone with the problem should give their location. We could do it here in this thread, or if someone wants to start a new one (some kind of poll or little "markers on google maps thing?), and it might shed some light.
Me first... Bismarck North Dakota

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You might have to search a little for it, but there is already a thread that is collecting location as well as other related data. It's a pretty good read.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The problem seems very random. I get it twice in a day and then go a week without it happening. I know it is not apps or widgets since I went back to stock and still had it. Interestingly it has been less frequent in the last two weeks.
Not too far away here in the Twin Cities, MN

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I had it it happen twice in the first few weeks and havent had it happen in a month and a half....it is certainly random. My wife had it happen more than me mostly because she talks on the phone more.....but she too has gone a coupke weeks now without jncident.....weird little problem.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this problem much but I rarely yak on the phone for vary long. That was until last week when I was dealing with tech support while working on a problem. Four times while talking to a person on a land line I would here the dreaded "hello...are you still there?" I had to hang up and call back each time. I get the feeling that a buffer of some kind is full and causes the mic to crash. Maybe it could be the software that handles noise cancellation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me as recently as last Friday (2/17/2012). I had hoped that 4.0.4 might resolve it, but no luck. I'm still holding out hope that the rumored 'end of February fix' will resolve the issue. I really hate to give up on the GNex, but this bug is borderline costing me customers.

-me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa