Amazon App Store troubles

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today that I was using a little over 9MB of memory which seemed excessive since i was only at 3 a couple of weeks ago. After some investigation, one of the bigger culprits seems to be the Amazon App store. It was using about 400MB. I don't really use it except for the occasional free app, so I am not sure why it was so large.

I tried to uninstall, but the uninstall failed. Now the app is no longer listed in my app list, but the memory did not free up, so I am sure it is still on there somewhere. What is the best way to get rid of it?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that I was using a little over 9MB of memory which seemed excessive since i was only at 3 a couple of weeks ago. After some investigation, one of the bigger culprits seems to be the Amazon App store. It was using about 400MB. I don't really use it except for the occasional free app, so I am not sure why it was so large.

I tried to uninstall, but the uninstall failed. Now the app is no longer listed in my app list, but the memory did not free up, so I am sure it is still on there somewhere. What is the best way to get rid of it?

The amazon app store needs to be installed in order for the apps that you downloaded from it to work (Is what I hear, ive never tested it) so I would imagine your uninstall failed because of that. My best guess would be to re-download and re-install it then try to clear the data from it afterward.

Reactions: auburngirl

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh by the way, the app is showing 400mb because it saves all of the APKs you download to its own file. You need to go in and manually delete those apk's for that number to dwindle.

EDIT: The folder is located at sdcard/android/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache

Last edited:
Reactions: auburngirl