Contact Syncing Error

sranger#CB

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has had this happen recently:

There was no notification, I just happened to be looking in my sync settings and noticed that my Google contacts have a sync error. Quote: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Every thing but the contacts are syncing, and my last successful contact sync was on 3/3/12.

If no one else has this problem, I probably just need to remove my account and set it up again.

Thanks

sranger#CB

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted too, and have tried forcing the sync several times :(

EDIT:
I found an answer, went to app management and cleared data for the app called "Contact storage", then forced the sync, and all seems to be good.

Last edited:

androidisfun1

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I found another solution in my case: i went into contacts on my S3 phone, and chose "groups", there i found 38 "unassigned" contacts. I proceeded to assign them all to some group, if not at least "my contacts". then requested a sync, and voil? !

dj9281

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem for months. Tried clearing data. Tried merging contacts. Neither worked. Does anyone know what this problem is and how to really fix it?

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, mine was go contacts app. Un installed it now syncs all the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ariff Hamzah

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Nexus 4 last time, it fixed after i removed a few contacts from groups (friends, family), now it can sync perfectly.