Boot Loop- HELP PLEASE!!!!

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I really need help. I was sending an email with my phone and it crashed to the google boot screen. It's stuck in a loop now. I have tried taking the battery out and I also tried using the recovery tool but still struck in the loop. I'm really pissed at this.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys I really need help. I was sending an email with my phone and it crashed to the google boot screen. It's stuck in a loop now. I have tried taking the battery out and I also tried using the recovery tool but still struck in the loop. I'm really pissed at this.

If you are all stock and it's doing this, you may want to take it to verizon for a swap, unless you are willing to trying unlocking your bootloader and flashing a new rom.

Reactions: SuperIVIan11

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It is still all stock. I am willing to try anything. I did want to root but I was afraid I broke something. Is there a way to flash the stock version back?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It is still all stock. I am willing to try anything. I did want to root but I was afraid I broke something. Is there a way to flash the stock version back?

I unfortunately cannot find the exact steps I used to unlock my bootloader, however there are two other seemingly good posts on how to do it over in the rooting section:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...y-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-3-updated-1-22-a.html

or

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

The stock ROM can be found in this post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...1360-factory-images-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

I have never tried either of these methods, so maybe someone else can help you if you get stuck in the actual process, but unless there is something terribly wrong with your phone hardware-wise, flashing the stock rom back should fix your problem even if recovery could not.

If you cant even get to the bootloader screen without it bootlooping I would suggest just returning the phone for a new one. No point in risking voiding your warranty to fix a locked and unrooted phone that wont allow you to get to recovery mode.

Reactions: SuperIVIan11

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
have you tried to boot into safe mode? (hold power +volume up) or boot into the bootloader(power+volume up and down) then use the volume rocker to select recovery, then press power. once in the stock recovery, you can wype the device. this should fix your problem if you don't wish to unlock, root the device.

ps. if you need help, hit me up on gtalk, twindragon187@gmail.com

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had tried to recovery option and I would get as far as the android with the exclamation point but it would go right into the boot loop. I used the wug's to unlock and root and it worked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress