Lag with Phone??

atomic8778

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a serious problem with my phone. I love it to bits but I find that I am getting some serious lag. When I press home button after running a game, it'll take a good bit of time before my home screen loads. I understand there would be some lag and that's not what I'm completely concerned about. However, quite often my phone lags when I try to place a call. If I tap on the a direct call widget, it'll show I tapped on the picture, but it won't call immediately. It'll be 5- 10 minutes, and I'm seriously not exaggerating. That would be my biggest problem. Everything else I can deal with but if I can't immediately place a call, then I have a huge problem especially when I'm in an emergency... I actually was in one and it happened to me too.

Also, my keyboard sometimes lags. I'll open up a message and start typing but no words will come out. My phone recognizes that I'm typing and the keyboard gives me haptic feedback but no actual words will come out until I either tap furiously or a minute or so passes by.

I do have 24gb on used memory on my phone. 21/22 Gb of it would be my music. I know it's a lot of music and I would assume that would be lagging my phone but I have no clue.

I had a Droid Incredible (also bone stock) and it had about 14 gb of music too but none of the problems I'm experiencing.

My phone is bone stock: VZW Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2, with stock launcher. I use swiftkey keyboard (though I tried stock keyboard and get same results) and stock dailer if that matters too.

I don't want to ditch my phone either. I still love it!

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Hopefully it's not "lose all the music" too.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I would seek tech support for a 5 minute wait from the time you pressed the button, that's not tolerable and there's something wrong definitely