MMS Message Quirks

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus consistently has problems sending picture messages to certain contacts, and it's not carrier related..

It's not that I send them and they don't receive them. It's that the message will simply say "Sending..." and will never send. Then I send an MMS to another contact, and that will go through fine. Then I will go back to my original MMS to the original contact, and now it will say "Sent".

It's as if sending that 2nd message to another contact pushes the original MMS to the original contact through.

I have also noticed that pictures will sometimes appear in drafts of messages to contacts I did not intend to send them to. For example, let's say I send a photo of my son to his grandfather. It will send fine. A few hours later I'll open my Messaging app and I will find that same photo a second time in a draft to his grandfather, or worse, to another contact to whom in have sent/received messages to recently. The message had not been sent, but all I would have needed to hit is the Send button as it was ready to go.

So far, no inadvertent MMS have been sent. But it's either a glitch in ICS or I am consistently pressing something inadvertently, which I doubt. I've seen this glitch a half dozen times, and I know for a fact that I did not go into the Gallery and share an image with those contacts. But there it is in Draft...

Anyone else seeing MMS issues?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The only mms issue I've had is with handcent not sending. I would have to use the stock app to send.
Since switching to go sms, I've had no problems.

eugduk757

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus consistently has problems sending picture messages to certain contacts, and it's not carrier related..

It's not that I send them and they don't receive them. It's that the message will simply say "Sending..." and will never send. Then I send an MMS to another contact, and that will go through fine. Then I will go back to my original MMS to the original contact, and now it will say "Sent".

It's as if sending that 2nd message to another contact pushes the original MMS to the original contact through.

I have also noticed that pictures will sometimes appear in drafts of messages to contacts I did not intend to send them to. For example, let's say I send a photo of my son to his grandfather. It will send fine. A few hours later I'll open my Messaging app and I will find that same photo a second time in a draft to his grandfather, or worse, to another contact to whom in have sent/received messages to recently. The message had not been sent, but all I would have needed to hit is the Send button as it was ready to go.

So far, no inadvertent MMS have been sent. But it's either a glitch in ICS or I am consistently pressing something inadvertently, which I doubt. I've seen this glitch a half dozen times, and I know for a fact that I did not go into the Gallery and share an image with those contacts. But there it is in Draft...

Anyone else seeing MMS issues?
I'm having the same thing I can't send pictures to her phone or my second phone number to

hillwoman

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I had it happen once. I pushed send on a picture message and it didn't send it until 3 days later when I sent that same person another text message. (I was in a rush so I didn't go back and look at the text thread.) I haven't had it happen again. I figured it was a fluke.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
See I just saw the second problem happen. Last night I sent to my brother a picture of a new Keurig brewer I bought. It stayed on "Sending". I have low 4G data signal at my house so I figured it was a reception issue.

This morning it still said "Sending", until I sent the same image to another friend, which went through, and then the original picture of the Keurig to my brother finally went through right after.

Now when I open the thread to text my brother again, the picture of the Keurig brewer appears as the next message ready to send, despite the fact that it is listed as already sent a few messages above. I have to long-press the picture and select "Remove".

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup ... same issues here. There are some other other threads on the same topic floating about. I commented on one a couple days ago.

The only solutions anyone had were:
1. Hope an update fixes it ...
2. Don't use MMS .. since it is going away apparently. Use email
3. Reboot phone/Clear messages for possible temp fix.
4. Don't initiate send from camera app .. exit and go to gallery
5. Use another app like handcent ..

YMMV ... Good Luck.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i have experienced a bunch of issues with sending and receiving picture texts since i got the phone. Haven't been able to put my finger on when and why is happened but i know it is annoying

hillwoman

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup ... same issues here. There are some other other threads on the same topic floating about. I commented on one a couple days ago.

YMMV ... Good Luck.

I think there might be something to the send from the Gallery idea (4). The only time I had it happen was when I sent the image from the stock camera app. I hardly ever use the stock camera. And all my other images have sent along just fine. Oh, and I was using Handcent at the time, so that doesn't fix the problem (5).

eugduk757

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

YMMV ... Good Luck.

That could stop the phone... But I like to know if we all have the same app on are phone its call hax sync

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty