Phone Quit

ryobi43

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
My phone turned off and I was unable to restart it. This lasted for about a day and a half. (Unfortunately my work schedule did not allow to go to vzw immediately). However, as I sat in my work truck the phone turned itself back on and loaded almost two days worth of notifications.

Just wondering if anybody else had this experience and if I should be worried that this is the beginning of something that will continue.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't, I have however experienced random reboots or shut offs that simply required to turn back on or a battery pull. Did you try pulling the battery? Also what else is there to know about your phone? Rooted or Stock? Running a ROM? Stuff like that would be helpful here.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My phone turned off and I was unable to restart it. This lasted for about a day and a half. (Unfortunately my work schedule did not allow to go to vzw immediately). However, as I sat in my work truck the phone turned itself back on and loaded almost two days worth of notifications.

Just wondering if anybody else had this experience and if I should be worried that this is the beginning of something that will continue.

I have experienced these types of problems with every android phone to varying degrees. What has worked well for me is to do a simple battery pull.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's called a screen (or sleep) of death. It's remedied by pulling the battery, waiting 10-30 seconds (some people don't wait at all, but I'm one cautious cat), reinserting the battery and restarting the phone.

Why they happen can be for a variety of reasons, most of which are guarded like the secret to life, why we're here, etc. etc. :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo