Cant get owner info on lock screen..

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Like the title says. I lost my Galaxy Nexus and had to rush around changing passwords because i didnt have the phone secured with a lock. This time i want to use a pattern lock but cant get my info to show on the lock screen. Any one else have this problem??

BKVic

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Download the app androidlost go on ur computer or smartphone and sign in with the same gmail account that's on your galaxy nexus and follow the intructions

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I assume you mean you want to get your owner info text to display on the lockscreen.

You can normally just select Settings/Security/owner info then enter whatever text you want it to show, and set the enable at the top of that screen to Show owner information on Lockscreen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I assume you mean you want to get your owner info text to display on the lockscreen.

You can normally just select Settings/Security/owner info then enter whatever text you want it to show, and set the enable at the top of that screen to Show owner information on Lockscreen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats the way its supposed to work but not on my new phone. Ive got it checked and have my name and home phone typed in but it doesnt show up on the lock screen.

BKVic

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thats the way its supposed to work but not on my new phone. Ive got it checked and have my name and home phone typed in but it doesnt show up on the lock screen.

BKVic

That's odd. I just set mine up and it worked right away. Maybe try a reboot before or after the process is complete to see if that'll help.

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.35 via Xparent Tapatalk2

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get back earlier. I found the problem but it really isn't a problem. When I was trying to get my contact info on the lock screen the other night I had my phone plugged in to recharge. While plugged in the Galaxy Nexus doesn't show your contact info on the lock screen but the charge percentage. When I unplugged my phone the next morning there was my contact info where it is supposed to be.

BKVic

auvrea

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get back earlier. I found the problem but it really isn't a problem. When I was trying to get my contact info on the lock screen the other night I had my phone plugged in to recharge. While plugged in the Galaxy Nexus doesn't show your contact info on the lock screen but the charge percentage. When I unplugged my phone the next morning there was my contact info where it is supposed to be.

BKVic

Same exact problem. Then I unplugged and was like. HEY IT WORKS :D

Blairpad

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Same exact problem. Then I unplugged and was like. HEY IT WORKS :D

I know that this is an old thread. I just signed in so I could say: PEOPLE! Note the way the person who opened the thread came back to update with the solution (sort of) please remember to do the same when you have a post out there and find the answer. There is nothing worse than wasting your time reading a thread that just ends with no solution. If YOU like finding answers, remember to do the same for others. This is the voice of your conscience speaking! Lol! Actually its good karma, but if you don't buy into that, it's just the right thing to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall