Software-related charging issues

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Several times over the last week my stock GNex has failed to charge, apparently because of software issues. It doesn't respond to the car or wall chargers, aside from once or twice charging for a minute or so in the car. Once I shut off the phone, it begins charging normally with the power cord still in place. I can then reboot the phone and charging continues.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I went through this very same issue. It got to the point where it would only charge with the phone powered down, and it finally quit charging all together. My solution was to have Verizon replace my phone under warranty. Problem solved. Before I swapped the phone out, I hard reset it, swapped batteries and charging cords without success. There are dozens of threads related to this bothersome issue. It is hardware-related because it occurs even when the phone is powered down.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I was afraid of that in view of all the customization I've done.

Any recommendations for a comprehensive backup solution?

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. Mine has been doing the same thing when charging via USB connected to my workstation. I thought maybe it was just my workstation going to sleep so I turned off all the power saving features Saturday night and went to bed with the phone plugged in. Got out of bed Sunday and the phone was dead and not charging.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid of that in view of all the customization I've done.

Any recommendations for a comprehensive backup solution?

If you are rooted and have the latest cwm installed, you can do a nandroid and offload that to your comp. Load the nandroid onto the new phone and you will have the EXACT same settings and apps and customizations as you had on the old phone.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Current phone is still stock. The replacement will be rooted immediately but that won't help now.

Sorry didn't read your op very well. Since you are stock, most all the backup apps only work on rooted phones. Might be a little tedious setting things up again. At least the market will remember your apps from your gmail and will auto download.

Since you will be rooting, do it first thing. It will wipe your sd card so best to do it when the sd is not full of important stuff.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87