G S III or GNEX???

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm also interested in this phone and am thinking about letting go of my Nexus for it.

Problem is my only experience with a Samsung phone is my Nexus and after 4 of them I still can't find one that can keep a cell signal in my area. I don't want another phone that I can't use for voice calls 40 percent or more of the time. Is the poor cell signal something to expect with all Samsung products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For give my ignorance, but is Verizon even getting the GSIII? If not, it's definitely a carrier/network issue. That said, all these phones are great, though every single one of them will have at least one flaw. Pick the one that you like best.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I will ever buy a phone at launch again. I will lurk around and see whats going on before jumping in. Besides the GNEX is doing well enough for me to not go spend money chasing the next great phone. If I didn't have the GNEX I would probably ask COSTCO when they are getting them. Its hell living with ODO......Order-Dis-Order

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I still have a good 14 months to go. I can just sit back and read about everyone else's new phone quests this year.
If you swapped the screen of the OneX and put it on the GSIII, it would be close to perfect...as of this date in time. Between the updated camera, more CPU/GPU(especially) power and the 2GB of RAM, this thing should be good for 20 months, no problem. When I upgrade from my GNEX next year, it needs to have more ram, more mega pixels in the camera sensor, a quad core CPU and a better screen technology that doesn't drink battery juice as a hobby.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The thing is.. You won't get nearly enough for selling your GNEX to buy a SGSIII.. If I could, I would probably do it... Wonder how the battery life and radio is going to compare.. Radio and Bad Battery are what is killing me (Rooted, AOKP, Francos M4).. nothing seems to help.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The thing is.. You won't get nearly enough for selling your GNEX to buy a SGSIII.. If I could, I would probably do it... Wonder how the battery life and radio is going to compare.. Radio and Bad Battery are what is killing me (Rooted, AOKP, Francos M4).. nothing seems to help.

If off contract is really 600-650 then I'm sure you can get at least half of that from a GN.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Is the poor cell signal something to expect with all Samsung products.

Yes. Samsung is notorious for weak radios. I know some on here say the never have issues, but it depends on your location. And if you have a weak signal outside, forget about it indoors.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the S3 also. Main reason is that it will have global capabilities but I have never used a touch Wiz device. I love stock ICS. Is Touch Wiz as bad as Moto Blur?

It's not as bad as Moto Blur but at the end of the day, I think it looks cartoonish

I definitely prefer stock ICS

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm also interested in this phone and am thinking about letting go of my Nexus for it.

Problem is my only experience with a Samsung phone is my Nexus and after 4 of them I still can't find one that can keep a cell signal in my area. I don't want another phone that I can't use for voice calls 40 percent or more of the time. Is the poor cell signal something to expect with all Samsung products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had a Stratosphere that had HORRIBLE radio issues. The exact same radio issues that people are complaining of now for the Nexus.

My Nexus, however, has outstanding service in the big city where I'm currently located. I have noticed whenever I travel for work to other cities, I have been left with frustratingly low signal levels