4.0.4 Update/Battery Life

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember hearing good things about battery life when the update leaked awhile back.

I waited for the OTA but I can't see any difference.

Am I alone in this?

Also, I feel like I make experiment with ROMS and rooting now. Will a ROM greatly increase my battery life? If so, is there a recommended one?

Thanks!

zhallman

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
At first i thought the battery life was better but after a few days of having it i can't tell a difference. I think i was just so excited to actually have 4.04, i was caught up in some of the hype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
At first i thought the battery life was better but after a few days of having it i can't tell a difference. I think i was just so excited to actually have 4.04, i was caught up in some of the hype.

I think my battery life has gotten better, but it could be the because of the update excitement as you described. I do feel like the OS is a little snappier though.

danielcee3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I think my battery life is worse because of my signal it made my signal worse

djpaulmarco

May 21, 2012
Visit site
After a couple days of having the ota on a non rooted phone I notice battery life is so much better , past two hours I had been browsing and streamed a couple of videos, I'm only on 80% now from full charge (4g service) ...when I first got this phone last month it was lasting only very few hours, and overheating while browsing on the internet

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think my battery life is worse because of my signal it made my signal worse

+1 I keep dropping 3G since the update and it is killing my battery. I used to be able to go all day (10+ hours) with a few "drop charges" while at my desk during the day, but now I only get about 6 hours. I have considered calling VZW for a replacement, but I hate to have my Day 1 GNex replaced with a "like new" device.

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
:eek:
Black ice with Franco outstanding battery life!

Sent From The Best Android Phone The Galaxy Nexus Using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Will check it out.

I wouldn't say battery life is an issue for me. I can sit at my desk at work and not charge it and be fine at the end of the workday usually. But if I'm around the house I might have to charge it soon after I get home. And if I'm away from the house it might be an issue if I don't nurse it (disable things of and on). Just looking to maximize the battery.

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Me and my wife both noticed a significant loss in battery life with the update. We both would average 10-12 hours on stock 4.0.2, but now we only get about six. Did a factory reset on my nexus to see if that would help. I'll find out tomorrow when I have a full charge on my battery.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Me and my wife both noticed a significant loss in battery life with the update. We both would average 10-12 hours on stock 4.0.2, but now we only get about six. Did a factory reset on my nexus to see if that would help. I'll find out tomorrow when I have a full charge on my battery.

Hey,

I'm in the exact same boat. I just factory restored my device last night after having the same issues. With all of the same apps installed again, my battery life is back to normal, if not better!

Here's an thread I started on it.:

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=560689

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Foetus Burrito