Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree33Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post
    I hate seeing theses dumbass threads if you got a Nexus you should be rooted any moron can do it.
    Man the f up and root your nexus.
    A real man has a job as a developer and needs his phone stock like Google intended it. He doesn't make a toy out of it by playing with roms
    Thanked by:
    draftpeppin likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster View Post
    A real man has a job as a developer and needs his phone stock like Google intended it. He doesn't make a toy out of it by playing with roms
    Wait, so there are no female developers?

Haha just having a lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How will you feel if VZW Galaxy S3 & HTC get Jelly Bean first

Quote Originally Posted by DEES_BANGER View Post
    But it still sucks to see other phones getting it before the "google owned phone" and im a stock person no rooting for me! So guess i just have to be patient and wait.
    Wait. What? Have I not been paying attention? What non-Nexus phones have gotten officially updated to Jelly Bean at this point?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Wait. What? Have I not been paying attention? What non-Nexus phones have gotten officially updated to Jelly Bean at this point?
    Zero phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Exactly what I thought.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

I don't expect it will be too long before we see an update notification on our phones. Maybe a couple weeks from now. Also, even if Samsung has already built an update for the CDMA Galaxy S3, Verizon will put that OTA through the exact same process it is putting ours through. They've already sold those S III's, so why would they give priority to them if our OTA was put up for testing sooner? Yes, some S III's abroad are getting their JB update, but those are all GSM phones, and no non-Nexus phone in the US has Jelly Bean yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster View Post
    I smell an Apple troll! :P

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

I agree only an apple troll would see development for a Google platform as a legitimate aspiration

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by menschmaschine5 View Post
    ....They've already sold those S III's, so why would they give priority to them if our OTA was put up for testing sooner? Yes, some S III's abroad are getting their JB update, but those are all GSM phones, and no non-Nexus phone in the US has Jelly Bean yet.
    Because the S3s are the best selling phone on the network.

Sprint's Nexus phones are officially being updated to JB....shameful!
    You are very easily ignored if you easily stay silent!

ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Default Re: How will you feel if VZW Galaxy S3 & HTC get Jelly Bean first?

Quote Originally Posted by cbbartley View Post

Again... Sprint's Nexus got 4.0.4 before we did too. This is nothing new...Why exactly is everyone so pissed off?

Well any nexus device should get updated before an non nexus device. It's what we bought into the nexus for.

The SGSIII will get their Jelly Bean update in due time and it will be awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    I do see the galaxy s3 on Verizon getting JB first.
    Oh wow. You nailed it!
    Oh wait. The update they were working so hard to test and roll out is not JB at all
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,520 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I could care less I own a nexus that Google has everything I need. If your so worried about flash it your self. I mean its so easy a cave mans wife can do it while giving birth in a cave. Man up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Indifferent I'm running aokp jb on my gs3 and touches is fugly anyway

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

ROM
    Stock (for now)

True, for now. When the iPhone 5 is released, that will change for a while. Verizon has already gotten the money for the SIII's it's sold, so they have nothing tangible to gain by updating them faster than a phone whose update has been testing for a while already. Also, the SIII is getting an OTA right now, and guess what, it's not JB.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by menschmaschine5 View Post
    True, for now. When the iPhone 5 is released, that will change for a while. Verizon has already gotten the money for the SIII's it's sold, so they have nothing tangible to gain by updating them faster than a phone whose update has been testing for a while already. Also, the SIII is getting an OTA right now, and guess what, it's not JB.
    Not exactly true...Verizon has already gotten the money for the SIII's, but since they have sold a good bit of them, they will also be addressing a good bit of customer agitation for updates. At least more so than Nexus owners.

Yeah, no other phone besides Nexus have been updated to JB, but we are the last of the Nexus phones to not be updated with a possibility of been passed over by the SIII. That's terrible.

Why is there such a fuss about Sprint's Nexus getting the update before Verizon? Well, the Sprint Nexus wasn't even released until late April of this year. That's over 4 months after Verizon's, and as it was said Sprint's version pushed an update to 4.0.4 before Verizon did. And now they have pushed the JB update before Verizon. It's frustrating that our network is putting the kibosh on updates for a phone like the Nexus.

And please, let's not revisit the root vs unroot argument. I think most of us agree that updates should be pushed to Nexus phones first. The frustration is not over whether people can root to get OS updates but more so about the bastardized experience. Rooting & Romming is a beautiful aspect of this phone, but no one should be forced to do it.
    You are very easily ignored if you easily stay silent!
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

What's your point? Sprint's a pretty good company whether you want to admit it or not. They don't lie on their coverage maps either. Some people THINK Sprint has no coverage in certain areas, but Verizon customers think they WILL have coverage in areas x, y, and z because a VZW map says they do, but in reality, they won't. I'm "reality" covered in 4G LTE goodness according to VZW...and I'm lucky if I have 3G 80% of the time.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    What's your point? Sprint's a pretty good company whether you want to admit it or not. They don't lie on their coverage maps either. Some people THINK Sprint has no coverage in certain areas, but Verizon customers think they WILL have coverage in areas x, y, and z because a VZW map says they do, but in reality, they won't. I'm "reality" covered in 4G LTE goodness according to VZW...and I'm lucky if I have 3G 80% of the time.
    I have to disagree with this. Everywhere I've traveled (and I travel quite a bit) the Verizon coverage maps have been pretty well spot on as to what kind of coverage I can expect to receive.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I disagree also. Sprint is awful in my area in regards to 4g speeds and areas that constantly drop.

Verizon on the other hand has not dropped on me one time when I switched. Even works in the midtown tunnel.

I switched again to TMobile so time will tell how they are, so far I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    It now seems more likely that Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 and certain Verizon/HTC phones
    will receive Jelly Bean OTA first. (BEFORE the VZW CDMA Galaxy Nexus)
    I'd bet my Google Wallet that it will happen. (VZW's CDMA Galaxy S3 receiving JB OTA before
    VZW's CDMA Galaxy Nexus sold between 11/2011 and 07/2012)
    I did say it was unrealistic.... in reality, I believe Verizon will NEVER issue OTA JB
    to Galaxy Nexus phones.

unfortunately, I think that's quite unrealistic, as the VZW Galaxy S3 will be receiving the official OTA JB
    before the VZW Galaxy Nexus
    if the Galaxy S3 gets official OTA Jelly Bean before Galaxy Nexus, which is looking more likely,
    I think most current Galaxy Nexus owner should be allowed to exchange their phones for the S3.
    GSM GS3s will get JB before VZW CDMA GN ,that's for sure.
    well, it's finally official.... as expected, Verizon will start selling the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jelly Bean by November.
    there is still no sign of Jelly Bean OTA for the poor Galaxy Nexus... Verizon is either on vacation or has given up on the OTA JB update.
    Thanked by 2:
    ultravisitor and 2defmouze like this.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Calling shenanigans on you. A real man plays with what the hell ever toys he damn well wants to and isn't afraid of someone questioning his manhood about it.

ROM

^^^Yup, af250xxl is like Chicken Little with this whole "the sky is falling" thread.

I kept saying people were freaking out for no reason.

Bets on whether or not he'll come into this thread and admit defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by slave2theaxe View Post
    ^^^Yup, af250xxl is like Chicken Little with this whole "the sky is falling" thread.

I kept saying people were freaking out for no reason.

Bets on whether or not he'll come into this thread and admit defeat?
    Doubtful. He even has JB on his phone and is talking about it in another thread.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567