Play youtube in browser using youtube app?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Currently, when I click a youtube video from the stock browser, it seems to start the video in a video player (i.e. it just shows the video without the rest of the web page showing). What I would like for it to do is start playing using the youtube app.

What I've noticed is if I long press the video and choose "open", it will start playing using the youtube app. But if I just click the video, it goes to a player screen with just the video.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was in seems but I can't locate it. In settings, apps, then the dots in upper right corner you can choose reset app settings. But it might make you choose for everything the first time you use each program.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Currently, when I click a youtube video from the stock browser, it seems to start the video in a video player (i.e. it just shows the video without the rest of the web page showing). What I would like for it to do is start playing using the youtube app.

What I've noticed is if I long press the video and choose "open", it will start playing using the youtube app. But if I just click the video, it goes to a player screen with just the video.

For me it usually asks me where I want it to open. I wonder if maybe at one time it asked you that and you selected the stock browser for each time?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

If you are sure it is playing in the browser, and not in some other media player, you can clear the "launch be default" selections for the browser in its app settings -- System Settings, Apps, Browser, "Clear defaults" (below "clear cache"). The next time you click on a YouTube link, it should ask you what you want to do. (But it will also do this the next time you click a link in any application, fyi).

If it is playing in some other player (ES Video Player, MX Player, etc), find that app in Settings > Apps, and do the same.