Think I'm going to call Verizon and see what my options are

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My GNex, third one by the way, has been a PITA since I got it last year. I've put up with it, but lately my frustration with it is making me think I need to ditch it for something else. My wife got a GSIII last week and I'm envious so that may have something to do with it. The main killer for me is signal strength, or lack thereof, and how often I get the gray bars of death on both wifi and 3g/4g. As I type this I'm sitting here with both phones, mine has no cell signal at all and 1 bar on wireless. My wife's SGIII is full bars on wifi, 3 on cell.

Samsung really dropped the ball on this thing and Verizon's slow ass updates sure as hell aren't helping.

The only thing I have to figure out now is what will it cost me to ditch this POS for something new.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
My GNex, third one by the way, has been a PITA since I got it last year. I've put up with it, but lately my frustration with it is making me think I need to ditch it for something else. My wife got a GSIII last week and I'm envious so that may have something to do with it. The main killer for me is signal strength, or lack thereof, and how often I get the gray bars of death on both wifi and 3g/4g. As I type this I'm sitting here with both phones, mine has no cell signal at all and 1 bar on wireless. My wife's SGIII is full bars on wifi, 3 on cell.

Samsung really dropped the ball on this thing and Verizon's slow ass updates sure as hell aren't helping.

The only thing I have to figure out now is what will it cost me to ditch this POS for something new.

Verizon might offer you the DROID RAZR (the original, and not the Maxx) or the HTC Rezound. Some very lucky people get away with GS3's, but from my understanding that's pretty rare.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon might offer you the DROID RAZR (the original, and not the Maxx) or the HTC Rezound. Some very lucky people get away with GS3's, but from my understanding that's pretty rare.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
call them, tell them you are on your 3rd Gnex with the same issues, tell them about your wifes S3 and see if they can get you into one of those. its been done, i have seen it on more than one occasion. they may offer you a Razr or a rezound or an LG spectrum....all of those will no doubt have better signal, but you are taking a step back in everything else IMO. i wouldn't settle for anything other than an S3, Razr HD, or Spectrum 2(maybe)....but that is just me.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Agree with ^^. For what it's worth, I happily kept my gnex and handed the GS3 to my lady. I never compare their signal strengths anymore as I'm satisified there's more or less no difference between them. Checked at many random places around the country. Unfortunately, you're one of the not so few who received multiple defective units. I'd keep calling and nicely demanding a SGS3 until you find a rep willing to make it happen. It's been done and they're just about giving SGS 3s away now. I got one for $99 months ago.

Recker

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I got my GNex the day it was released (12/11) and it has had more issues than any phone I have ever had. I have always been polite when I have called verizon customer service. I called this morning because my 4th replacement GNEX stopped charging again. They are sending number 5 this week even though the warranty expired. I guess I will keeping going through this cycle until my contract is up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87