Branded Home Button is Here to Stay

cw0974

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It does look pretty tacky and was a poor move on Verizon's part, however, I pre-ordered earlier anyways. What I am pissed about is how long it's going to take for me to actually get the phone!

I completely agree with this. I haven't ordered mine because of that. I might just wait til it comes to stores and pick it up there. If I order one now, it's most likely going to be here at the end of november.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
After I had 24 hours to get my rage out, I decided to get it anyways. It's too awesome to pass up. But I will buy the international version back cover and try my hardest to scratch off the vzw logo on the home button. If Sammy would quit putting physical buttons on their devices VZW wouldnt be able to get away with it.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
someone on another forum/thread posted a link for a site that sells replacement home buttons for the original note for $3.50

...maybe they will sell them for the note 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
After I had 24 hours to get my rage out, I decided to get it anyways. It's too awesome to pass up. But I will buy the international version back cover and try my hardest to scratch off the vzw logo on the home button. If Sammy would quit putting physical buttons on their devices VZW wouldnt be able to get away with it.

Why does it bother you?

from my Galaxy S3, baddest phone on the planet

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd spend about $10. But I'd probably be too nervous about taking apart an $800 phone to actually go through with it.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Why does it bother you?

from my Galaxy S3, baddest phone on the planet

It's the principle of it. There was no need to not only to dramatically increase the size of the logos on the rear, but to also shoehorn one in on the home button. It's distasteful and I find it a lack of respect for their customers (not that they give us any reason to think they respect their customers with all of the anti-consumer tactics the past couple of years).

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I know it's completely unreasonable and probably a little ridiculous, but that logo on the home button just cut my 100% purchase decision to 50%...and my excitement down to 25%. I am really disappointed in that. Even though the phone is still amazingly spec'd out, that stupid logo is killing me. I cursed out loud when I saw it. I am really bummed out, but I know it's for a dumb reason. I hope I can get over it. Ok let's see who comes up with the thread " How to remove the Verizon logo the best"

Seriously? Doesn't every Verizon phone have the logo on it?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
agreed... i'm not saying that button is attractive by any means, BUT this time approx 5 months ago 100,000+ Verizon subscribers were signing petitions to get the original version of this phone to their network, and trust me, this 2nd version is 10 times better, maybe even 20, easily worth having to peer at that ^%$#@! button : )

Is Steve Jobs brother running that corp?! lol i wouldn't expect anything less than something like that from Verizon... In the immortal words of Pat Cooper,"you can't be born a dog and die a cat"...lol

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's a nice rant from Giz. Apparently the tech bloggers all over the web are crying foul about this. I don't want a note but this is quite ridiculous...would have me thinking twice about giving Verizon my money every month.

http://gizmodo.com/5954713/ugh-verizon-plastered-its-logo-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-home-button#13512266981713&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":1706}

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd still rather have a small logo on the button than a BIG one on the upper face...Companies almost ALWAYS brand the products they sell - I don't see why there is such surprise and outrage; what do those people when there is a REAL crisis???

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree I'm not a Verizon person, but its grotesque!! I have noticed all phones. At&t Verizon are slowly putting carrier stamps. Front ancenter big and bold. like the atrix HD has a giant at&t stamp conspiricy??
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My car has a Chevy Bow-Tie Emblem, my C14 came with Kawasaki lettering on it, my Macbook Retina Pro as a big ol Apple on the lid, my DLSR has Sony stamped on it. My mountain bike has Trek on the top tube. etc etc

Compared to what these companies have done with their products, I am not about to get upset with a button.

But thats just me......

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the branded home button is that it will wear down over time and make the awesome classiness of the Gnote 2 a little less so because it will look worn. I wouldn't mind if it was in the top above the screen like most Verizon phones though.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My car has a Chevy Bow-Tie Emblem, my C14 came with Kawasaki lettering on it, my Macbook Retina Pro as a big ol Apple on the lid, my DLSR has Sony stamped on it. My mountain bike has Trek on the top tube. etc etc

Compared to what these companies have done with their products, I am not about to get upset with a button.

But thats just me......

you don't get it..

the problem is the following:
(1) No other carrier branded the home button
(2) the back is already branded
(3) verizon likely told samsung that unless they can brand the button, they wont carry the phone [vzw having this amount of leverage is a serious problem for consumers]
(4) the additional branding is the likely reason why vzw will be last to launch this device

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

But thats just me......

That's not an apples to apples comparison. Those logos are the manufacturer's of the device logos. That would be like the Samsung logo being on the phone. A fair comparison would be the dealership that sold you your Chevy and Kawasaki putting their logo on the hood, right up front so everyone can see it. The Macbook having a big Best Buy on it. That's what's wrong. The VZW logo on the back is acceptable, but up front is not.

Last edited: