Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blaksmyth
  • 1 Post By kris.richards
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default NFC?

Does the VZW version of the Note 2 have NFC? Their website says that it doesn't. But, they say it has S Beam. Doesn't S Beam use NFC?
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Default Re: NFC?

Seeing how even the GN has nfc I'm sure it does haven't seen a site list it as not having nfc.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Most definitely has NFC. S-Beam is Samsung branded NFC use.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

When you compare Galaxy Note 2 to Galaxy S3, Verizon lists S3 as "Yes" and Note 2 as "No" for NFC.

I couldn't begin to understand why that would be, so I'm hoping it's just a mistake, but so far it's looking like a "No" is being specified by Verizon...can someone prove otherwise?! This is THE number one feature I want to switch to Android...may end up with an S3 if the Note 2 doesn't have NFC...and I really want the Note 2!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by heartofcode View Post
    When you compare Galaxy Note 2 to Galaxy S3, Verizon lists S3 as "Yes" and Note 2 as "No" for NFC.

I couldn't begin to understand why that would be, so I'm hoping it's just a mistake, but so far it's looking like a "No" is being specified by Verizon...can someone prove otherwise?! This is THE number one feature I want to switch to Android...may end up with an S3 if the Note 2 doesn't have NFC...and I really want the Note 2!
    That's why I started the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen this thread on XDA? Further confirmation that the Verizon version DOES have NFC: NFC? - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
    has nfc contacts built in and wireless charging (Qi) contacts built in. Only there has been no mention of wireless charging back cover being released? Makes no sense, perplexing.
    Samsung's wireless charger wgent into production late last month. So you should be seeing it soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    Have you seen this thread on XDA? Further confirmation that the Verizon version DOES have NFC: NFC? - xda-developers
    No, I don't go there too often.