Am I asking for too much?

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Went to Verizon this morning to talk to the sales rep about the Note 2. Unfortunately they dont have them on display since they are not out until the 8th but he did say they have the phone in the store and were trained on it recently. I have been worried about the battery life of this phone on Verizon LTE network. I am connected to LTE 100% of the time where ever I go in the state and was thinking of getting rid of my Droid Razr Maxx for this device. Seeing that the Maxx has awesome battery life, i will depend on something similar in my next phone. The sales rep seemed very knowledgeable and said that the battery numbers that are on their website reflect tests done on LTE and nothing less. So this is a plus. Another plus is that the battery is removable on the Note 2 and I like having extra batteries with me just in case (as i did with my droid X)

I also am in the process of selling both my Moto Xoom tab and my Asus Prime 32g tab in hopes to pick up a Nexus 7 OR Note 2 to try and kill two birds with one stone and have my tablet needs covered in my day to day phone.

I need above average battery life first and foremost. I also need this device to run on 4G LTE and have the battery power to last at least 10-15 hours. Lastly, I need a large enough screen and powerful processors to fill the void between phone and tablet.

Am I asking for too much?

OR have I just answered my own question with the GN2?:p

What are your thoughts?

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The reasons you mentioned above are why i think this will be my next device.

Every review I have read has given this thing great praise on battery life and coupled with the ability to switch out batteries.....this thing SHOULD be good to go when it come to battery life.

edit
Did we miss something? They told you it was coming out on the 8th?
^also this

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did we miss something? They told you it was coming out on the 8th?
Told me that we will be able to order the phone like any other phone on the 8th and it will be officially carried by the store starting on the 8th. Take it for what it is worth from a Sale Rep at the store but thats the news I got. Said that they wont be available right away because of pre orders but the device will be on the shelf of the store to handle by as early as Friday and as late as Monday the 12th.

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh my oh my!!! That is great news ! I sure hope it really happens!!! I wonder if those of us who pre ordered will get shipping notice soon :)

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh my oh my!!! That is great news ! I sure hope it really happens!!! I wonder if those of us who pre ordered will get shipping notice soon :)

Hope so too! Seeing that they were just trained on this device they were told the release date too? Maybe thats how he knew? Hope he wasnt pulling my chain!

I will go back on Friday to see if the device is out to hold and touch.

anon(557159)

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Both the Maxx and Note 2 "should" give you all day battery. Both are rated for huge amounts of time on the internet, movie watching, etc.
However remote the possibility and you are out for 18 hours working all day on the phone, the only thing that will matter is that with the Note 2, you will have the ability to swap in a fresh battery. For those days when I'm flying for 14 hours, in terminals for hours, etc, a thin, small, light battery will not make a difference in my travels. You will not notice an extra note 2 battery in your pocket. However, you might notice the AC adapter you have to charge the Maxx and the sore ass as you sit by your phone in a terminal trying to get another 10% in your battery before boarding the flight. Really, how often do I swap batteries in my Droid X? Maybe 2-3 times a year. Is it worth it? Don't know, but it is nice to know I have car insurance even though I don't plan to use it. If I need it, it is there. Cell phone batteries are Lithium Ion. They will probably hold up to 80% of their charge for an entire year. I keep an extra Droid X battery in my car glove box for months and months till I need it. It always reads 90%+. It is not like those that say it's a troublesome to manage two batteries. No, once it's charged, it stays that way for ever.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If it comes out early, awesome. Right now my upgrade isn't available until 11/23 and of course customer service wouldn't allow me to do anything other than wait. Physical store's have more flexibility ;)

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just reached out to a friend who the the store manager at our local Verizon store. I will try and confirm or debunk this 11/8 release. I tend not to listen to store reps since they are not privy to those type of details.

The Verizon exclusive HTC phone is about to be announced on the 13th. I find it very odd they would release a phone like the Note 2 earlier than an exclusive phone. But hey, I have been wrong many times before!

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok I talked to my buddy. If this store is a corporate store, then the info COULD be legit. Privately owned stores, such as the one in my area, are always on the bottom of the knowledge list. I questioned about the website stating 11/27 and he told me that the web page is only one step above the privately owned stores. The CS reps online and over the phone are also in that same bracketing.

At this point, with this new info, all we can do is watch our emails and cross our fingers!

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I talked to my buddy. If this store is a corporate store, then the info COULD be legit. Privately owned stores, such as the one in my area, are always on the bottom of the knowledge list. I questioned about the website stating 11/27 and he told me that the web page is only one step above the privately owned stores. The CS reps online and over the phone are also in that same bracketing.

At this point, with this new info, all we can do is watch our emails and cross our fingers!

I hope youre right! Would love to see this phone come early!

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I called in earlier and the rep on the phone said that as far as they can see, the only information available for the phone's release date is it's latest ship-by date and some pre-order info. She mentioned that phones typically also have in-store availability dates, and that the Note 2 actually does not have any listed in-store date. As a result, she couldn't tell me anything concrete, but her guess was that it would be out by black Friday with the other group of phones they're launching on that day.

She also mentioned that store reps don't have any more info than the phone reps do, so yeah, unless that Nov. 8th date came from a store that's higher up in the food chain, that info would have come from nowhere.

I hope it comes out earlier, but eh. At this point, who knows. Keeping my fingers crossed for that Nov. 8th date.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I hope this is true!!! An early release would be amazing! What can we do to keep this updated?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

When I signed up for the Thunderbolt email updates, I got the email the day before it was actually released.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When I signed up for the Thunderbolt email updates, I got the email the day before it was actually released.

You were lucky then. I got mine the day after.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You were lucky then. I got mine the day after.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Indeed. I got it about 9am on Wednesday and took Thursday off to get it. If magically that's the case here, I will do the same.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Told me that we will be able to order the phone like any other phone on the 8th and it will be officially carried by the store starting on the 8th. Take it for what it is worth from a Sale Rep at the store but thats the news I got. Said that they wont be available right away because of pre orders but the device will be on the shelf of the store to handle by as early as Friday and as late as Monday the 12th.

Any progress on this release date?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
To all,

Honestly there is two things I have learned with Verizon and my Rezound.... paitence yep plain and simple.... and DONT trust Sales/Phone/ Reps or managers. Trust me on this We in the rezound forums had SOOOOO many rumors from sales rep or store managers on when ICS or whatever would come out... Heck we are still waiting for the offical release of the software that said this phone would be global... and we are almost at a year for that. So my suggestion is just kick back and ignore any release date that doesn't offical show on Verizon's Website or a offical (IE NON-leaked) document