Verizon Logo + Home Button (Discuss Here) =)

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Like many of you watching this forum I have read post after post of people unhappy with Verizon?s logo super imposed on the home button of the Galaxy Note 2. Some people are even unhappy with Verizon?s branding on the back of the phone.

So in an attempt to keep other topics on track I set up a thread for people to vent and discuss how they feel about Verizon?s branding on their smartphones. I?ll start with how I feel.

It?s ugly sure, but no so ugly that I wouldn?t happily buy the phone and enjoy the crap out of this gigantor wonder machine. Me I?ve gone to school graphic design and even been lucky enough to do some work for money so I do care about the aesthetic of my gadgets; but even so I really don?t care all that much about Verizon?s lame branding attempt here. Maybe my OCD is broken after years of analyzing things.

If it is easy to rub off, I will?if it might damage the phone?s finish or require me to buy special tools I won?t.

I have accepted that corporations that make and sell things will brand them. Sure there are limits, like if Verizon gets all American Eagle with this then I?m done lol. But until then?gimme moar phones!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I sit here looking squarely at my Razr Maxx and notice the HUGE FREAKING VERIZON LOGO between the bottom of the screen and navigation buttons. I don't recall a major uproar because of it when the Razr was released so I'm not sure what the big deal is about the home button being branded. I think we've reached a point where there is so little to complain about we'll simply complain about anything.

I'm not a fan of samsung phones but I freely admit to the Note 2 being a serious piece of kit. I'd be thrilled if it was my day to day device. The branded home button is a non issue.

forizzeel

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It will probably even rub off over time unless you actually try and work at it?? Or just buy those stickers for $10 on ebay. I personally dont give a hoot either.

smackdn775

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt has it plastered across the top with the big V check mark in silver......never even really noticed it till I was in the market for the note 2 and everyone making a big deal. Not stopping me from my new purchase, which by the way should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing with mine since 11am this morning. The only time I've even thought about the button logo is the few times I've hopped on here to see what was going on the Android/GN2 world and there are threads and even a front page post with veiled complaints about something that's irrelevant.

It's much ado about nothing. The phone is so awesome that you don't even notice the button. Once people get it in their hands and start playing with it this will all die down. This is largely a controversy based on pent up energy created by eagerness over the phone.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have accepted that corporations that make and sell things will brand them. Sure there are limits, like if Verizon gets all American Eagle with this then I?m done lol. But until then?gimme moar phones!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'm as cynical as they come (look at my username!!! :p), but I've learned at 44 years of age to pick my battles and this one isn't even on my radar. The logo doesn't bother me what-so-ever and I don't believe that Verizon has Samsung bent over a barrel on it either. I respect that it may bother others and they're entitled to their opinion. But let us remember, it's just that: an opinion. So, please no personal attacks. :)

I sit here looking squarely at my Razr Maxx and notice the HUGE FREAKING VERIZON LOGO between the bottom of the screen and navigation buttons. I don't recall a major uproar because of it when the Razr was released so I'm not sure what the big deal is about the home button being branded. I think we've reached a point where there is so little to complain about we'll simply complain about anything.

I'm not a fan of samsung phones but I freely admit to the Note 2 being a serious piece of kit. I'd be thrilled if it was my day to day device. The branded home button is a non issue.

I noticed that about the RAZR's when this whole hubbub originally blew up about the Note 2 home button logo and just started scratching my head why there is no outcry about them. :confused:

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't care, sure it looks ugly, but I'm more angry that they made us wait a month just so that their Droid phones would have more time to sell without competing against the Note 2.

I just want my damn phone already. Logo or no logo.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Every company brands. Even sunglasses! Its not an issue for me. I don't think it's ugly. I like Verizon. And i don't care if the logo shows. Its at the top of my Rezound ans so its on the hone button on thw Note...my new phone cone March. .there are far worse things in the world. Why be so trite?

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
every company brands THEIR OWN products
not the products of others

...there is a reason why no one is complaining about the samsung logo on the top of the device

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The point is, Samsung would clearly NOT want to have the devices cluttered with carrier branding. Apple set the standard here, carrier branding means the maker knuckled under to the carrier. There is no carrier branding on iPhones. Samsung picked up on this "power move" and kept all branding off the front of the GNex, and the SIII.

They kept it off all other variants of the Note II because it messes up the simple, clean design. Have you noticed what Apple is suing everyone over copying??? The physical simple square with rounded corners and few, or even one, button.

Near as I can tell Apple has not allowed anyone to even put a carrier logo on the back of any of their phones!

So I find it embarrassing and annoying both for Samsung's sake and mine that they let Verizon push them around, as though they were second-class to the Mighty Bitten One.

And as a side-point, as others have mentioned, Verizon has no part at all in designing or building the phone. Samsung has a right to put their name on it. I buy *service* from Verizon, hardware from Motorola, Samsung or HTC et al. (Yes, I know Verizon subsidizes the cost of the phone, I don't care.) I'd like to see the day when we buy phones and service in separate stores from each entity. Like that'll ever happen...

BG

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The point that people are getting offended by is that they could have put the Verizon logo on the back and called it. They usually aren't satisfied with just that, so they put it on the top of the phone above the screen most of the time, as the other Thunderbolt guy said it's on the top of the Thunderbolt we own and it's dealable.

But when they take a button with functionality to the phone and the OS, and smear their branding all over it, it's just downright audacious. Verizon did not make this phone. They don't deserve it to be honest. They're just as greedy as you can get and are trying to get free advertising off each and every single person who owns a Note 2. **** them.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
you have to admit ...annoying branding on a phone is such a 1st world problem.

i totally agree with the op....may give rubbing off a go but not to the point of damaging the button or putting a stupid sticker on.....i'm to psyched about having the huge screen.

if the branding is a deal breaker for you, don't get the phone. not like its a secret they are surprising us all with.....

in the scheme of things, its just not a big deal......

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that about the RAZR's when this whole hubbub originally blew up about the Note 2 home button logo and just started scratching my head why there is no outcry about them. :confused:

Mainly due to it just being "on the phone" but not a "constant reminder" every time you hit the home button, u can't ignore it unlike just "on the body of the phone" its easier to "tune it out"... But 100% agreed, a phone this feature packed can not come close to being tainted just by one lil branding of a home button, and if u are one of those who will let it ruin your experience with this amazing device, my sympathies... i'd even go as far as to say its a cute lil button with their tiny font, dint know "Verizon" could write so small...lol

BTC

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X has a big logo between the buttons and the bottom of the screen. That being said, I think the problem here is that all the other carriers have the N2 and Verizon is the only one to be arrogant enough to brand the front of the phone. If the phone was an exclusive on Verizon it wouldn't be as big of a deal. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays