"phone info" app

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
To everyone using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, download and install the "phone info" app from the Play Store. It will make you have to do a factory reset in order to restore your radios. It may also brick your SIM card forcing you to get a new one and you'll be out of service until then.

*EDIT* it has come to my attention that I was initially wrong about this app and how to actually work it. Read posts below for further review and proper operation. I personally not be using the app again though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Warning] DO NOT use "phone info" app

I used it, and couldn't regain 4G.

I had to go into the system settings and saw that somehow the phone was set to prefer CDMA auto. So I just changed that back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO and it's been fine since then.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Sorry OP that's not true... Simply going into settings, mobile settings, and setting your preferred network back is all you need to do.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

So this app is safe! True or False? lol

I certainly do not want to leave 4g on all the time....its simply not necessary when I am at work.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

OP, you should delete this thread or at least change the title. The app is perfectly safe. You probably just opened the app, hit "turn off radio" and deleted the app. All you had to do was go into the settings and fix them.
So this app is safe! True or False? lol

I certainly do not want to leave 4g on all the time....its simply not necessary when I am at work.
Yes it is safe, I'm using it it right now.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

OP, you should delete this thread or at least change the title. The app is perfectly safe. You probably just opened the app, hit "turn off radio" and deleted the app. All you had to do was go into the settings and fix them.

Yes it is safe, I'm using it it right now.

Excellent! I have it on my wife's S3 and was not too happy to learn I wasn't going to be able to use it on my N2...Time to download

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site

I had it on my N2 then I read that 3g doesn't allow voice and data at the same time. The feature only works on LTE apparently. So idecided togo back to LTE. I could not figure out which setting to use to get 4g back so I ended up resetting. I wish I would have seen this thread before I did the unnecessary reset.

Opticzar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I used it, and couldn't regain 4G.

I had to go into the system settings and saw that somehow the phone was set to prefer CDMA auto. So I just changed that back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO and it's been fine since then.

Please help, this isn't working for me. It keeps resetting to cmda auto prl. I can't get LTE back on. What should I do?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I had it on my N2 then I read that 3g doesn't allow voice and data at the same time. The feature only works on LTE apparently. So idecided togo back to LTE. I could not figure out which setting to use to get 4g back so I ended up resetting. I wish I would have seen this thread before I did the unnecessary reset.

Wait, you can confirm that on LTE you can do simultaneous voice and data on the Note 2? Because from what I've been reading thus far it's not possible on like any phone besides the Thunderbolt and I think the S3.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Please help, this isn't working for me. It keeps resetting to cmda auto prl. I can't get LTE back on. What should I do?

System Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile Networks

The fifth option down should say Network Mode, and it'll say what your preferred network mode is. Click that and put it to LTE/CDMA.

That's what I did. It was somehow set to keep reverting to CDMA auto, because that was the network preference.

If that doesn't help, the only thing I can think of is a factory reset. But that was my issue and it worked. I haven't had any issues since.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Wait, you can confirm that on LTE you can do simultaneous voice and data on the Note 2? Because from what I've been reading thus far it's not possible on like any phone besides the Thunderbolt and I think the S3.

Well I'm on the phone with my husband and responding to you at the same time on LTE. Yep, it works. :)

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

You can do it on WiMAX and LTE. Confirmed.

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this apo. Works fine. Like one guy said, after you change to 3g only, if 4g is down, you have to go into the actual phone settings under networks and change back to lte/cdma. Doing it in phone info app doesn't work

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89