Unread message notification

Peter Crist

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This was driving me nuts lately on my S4. Not sure why it happens but I got rid of the erroneous unread icon notification, until the next time it happens. I sorted by read/unread and deleted the unread. I know for sure that one of the offenders had in fact been read and deleted on my computer many hours ago. I tried many synchs in the meantime to try to get rid of it.

Gagavital

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
But it doesn't work for my mommy's phone. That's Galaxy Gio. I've cleared the data and restarted the phone but I still have that damned message! Help please! Mommy is going to kill me LoL

Help please!

It just goes OK by selecting select all messages and delete 'em. It seems that the message was hidden ans by deleting all messages , it would be OK

Last edited by a moderator:

The Beer Genius

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
This also works for Galaxy S2 phones too! I registered specifically to thank all who contributed to this thread. I'm about to upgrade my phone, but my OCD was going into overdrive because that BadgeProvider was telling me I had unread emails.

Thanks!
The Beer Genius

Alang Muahh

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
hello.. my samsung tab 7.7 still showing unread message .. same like before I clear data on badge..... did has anothe way to solve this problem... I'm getting crazy nowww

Andy Toh

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
hello.. my samsung tab 7.7 still showing unread message .. same like before I clear data on badge..... did has anothe way to solve this problem... I'm getting crazy nowww

You need to reboot after clearing the data on the badge app... I had the same problem on my tab 10.7. Found this thread and it works. Try to reboot yours

Yash Vanth

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
My samsung S3 still have the problem even after it got updated to 4.3

New message notification is still appearing, after reboot its resolved but after each message iam getting this issue

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All applications (on the top). Locate the "BadgeProvider" app, once in there select "clear data" and reboot

Still not working.... can any one help me plzzzzzzzzzz:'(

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Missed It and after 4.3 it won't clear out the widget or the badge. The clear data and reboot works only until I get a new notification. Pretty annoying but I think I can chalk it up to the 4.3 upgrade.

Turns out it seems to be just for MailDroid. It works just fine on the stock email.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that can't get it cleared by following the instructions, called their service provider? I was having a problem with the new voicemail icon not going away, twice. Both times I called AT&T and they did a reset there that got rid of the icon for me in just a couple of seconds.

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I learned that in this update, its still (maybe or maybe not) annoying that the notification for WiFi keeps coming in the notification bar, even though after you clear it, eventually, later on it will come back.. So annoying.. Anyone have this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

codicolin

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
it does not only work for samsung, but also to all smartphone. my phone is himax,,,made in Indonesia...thanks for the help...nice thread.....and now i am using kitkat as my os... my prior os was jelly bean..

Melessa Puchalla

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have the opposite problem, and can't find an answer anywhere, I just started using messenger plus and made it my default, force stopped, and deleted the factory messg. but now I DON'T get the number notification over the app on my home screen and I need it. any help? This is on my droid.

har_umph

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have the opposite problem, and can't find an answer anywhere, I just started using messenger plus and made it my default, force stopped, and deleted the factory messg. but now I DON'T get the number notification over the app on my home screen and I need it. any help? This is on my droid.
The unread badge function only works on the stock Messaging and Email apps on Motorola devices. To work around this you will need to use a different launcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty