"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Jazzur55

May 23, 2013
Visit site
You need to go to Settings>scroll all the way down until you get the "accounts" section (you will see all the accounts like facebook, twitter, etc)>click on google and then click on your gmail addres, you will see all the syncing options and at the very bottom you will see 2 buttons: sync now and remove account (you need to click on remove account =P)

on that same screen you can see if the calendar is checked just to double check.

-cheers

cbradley5

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello - I looked for "Contacts Sync Fix" on Playstore but there is no app by this name. There is "Go Contacts", 'Contact Picture Sync" and others. Which one do I download?

Thanks
Carl V.Bradley

exyfeplin

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Contacts Sync Fix is definitely there on the playstore - I just downloaded and ran it.

Unfortunately although it fixed 5 of my contacts, I am still getting the same error. :-(

Update: I deleted a bunch of old contacts from Google, and from the phone, some with international characters in them, and now Sync is working again.

Last edited:

tkurosaka

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I can find "Contacts Sync Fix" on Play Store on my computer, but not on the phone, running Android 2.3.4.
I think that is because Contacts Sync Fix requires Android 4.0.

Last edited:

peakay

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I was getting this error message for the calendar sync on my Note 2. I ended up clearing the cache for my calendar app, and adding an event from my PC account and other Android device that was working fine. It eventually started working again.

I was having a nasty problem with this where my calendar was 2 weeks old. cleared the cach eand force stopped the apps (not sure if necessary), then when i restarted calendar all was good again.

Also posted this here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/apps/jGM1d1uJPuQ/Egy0WrgwHaoJ

I wish gogole forums were more helpful...they are near useless.

Thanks again to the poster!

Matrix0027

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
This is what worked for me:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Application Manager
  3. Go to the 'ALL' column which is on the far right hand side
  4. Scroll to an App called "Calendar storage" and tap on it
  5. Tap on "Clear data" and say yes to the popup confirmation
  6. Press the back key 2 times to go back to settings
  7. Go to the Accounts section and tap your Google Account
  8. Tap Sync All at the bottom
  9. Hopefully All will sync and all will be well!

alt20

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Be aware though that if you follow the instructions to clear the calendar data above, you'll lose all the local changes you made to your calendar on your phone since it last synced. I just lost a month's worth of new calendar entries...

vijer

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Kind of idiotic that Google can't resolve this know issue and we have to resort to a third party app. At least it fixes it, if you remember to use it after adding a contact that is. :D

rachel b

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am currently having this problem with my phone samsung google nexus i9250. Do i just delete the app and reinstall it and it'll work?

Thanks,
Rachel B

selimlok

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
when i go to my contacts, half the time it doesnt appear at all and its as if I have no contacts at all.
Even during that irritating 5 minute period someone tries to call me.... just a number pops up as if that number was never installed in my contact.

For this reason i disactivated my google contacts and transfered all contacts directly to my device, so its solely sourced from the device.

But, this issue still stands and its very bad due to using this phone for work.

I did download the syn fix app... hoping it will solve the problem... but nothing for now.

Anyone has any ideas?

BLUEFAITH2012

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have figured it out.
I had this problem for almost 2 months. But I fix it today. Anyways

1. Go to Settings
3. Go to manage application click the tab (All)
4. Find the following and Clear their Data by clicking "Clear Data"
(1)Google backup Transport
(2)Google calander sync
(3)Google Contact sync
(4)Google Partner set up
(5)Google Play services
(6)Google services Framework.

And you are Done
Problem Fixed. Cheers
Go and Sync Your Account(Gmail)
I hope it works for you!
just signed up to help :)

selimlok

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that tip... but my issue wont relate to that at all due to having all the contacts directly on my device rather then having it synced with google!
I originally did have it synced with google contacts but I thought this was the major issue so instead I had all the contacts imported directly to the phone!

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have figured it out.
I had this problem for almost 2 months. But I fix it today. Anyways

1. Go to Settings
3. Go to manage application click the tab (All)
4. Find the following and Clear their Data by clicking "Clear Data"
(1)Google backup Transport
(2)Google calander sync
(3)Google Contact sync
(4)Google Partner set up
(5)Google Play services
(6)Google services Framework.

And you are Done
Problem Fixed. Cheers
Go and Sync Your Account(Gmail)
I hope it works for you!
just signed up to help :)

Thanks a lot!
This fixed the problem for Contacts sync for me!
Thanks a ton
:)

Joseph Ruddy

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Larry,

This issue has been bugging me for a while. I am a huge go launcher and go contact fan. Went and added a bogus contact in stock contacts and sync worked again. :) about to get my N3 today, so very happy I got this resolved.

Last edited:

sc3764

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting that error. I tried the above, removing your account and clearing the data for the list of apps. Nothing works. Going to have to reset to default and see if that works.

MAK85

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Matrix0027, this is the best solution. All - it's not a good idea to delete your entire Google Account from the device and then re-add it... If you're having hte problem with Contacts instead of Calendars, follow same procedure:
Step 1: Disable Sync
Step 2: Go to Settings -- Application Manager -- All -- 'Contacts Storage', open this up and choose 'Clear Data'
Step 3: Enable Sync

This is what worked for me:

1. Go to Settings
  3. Go to the 'ALL' column which is on the far right hand side
  4. Scroll to an App called "Calendar storage" and tap on it
  5. Tap on "Clear data" and say yes to the popup confirmation
  6. Press the back key 2 times to go back to settings
  7. Go to the Accounts section and tap your Google Account
  8. Tap Sync All at the bottom
  9. Hopefully All will sync and all will be well!