What happened to my keyboard?

jamdroid2

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The standard Samsung keyboard has gone missing! Now, every message I type & every input box I need to put information in, expects me top use the S-pen. How do I get it back? And how do I tell my GN2 to ONLY use S-pen input if & when I want (such as when I have the S-pen in hand)?

DenverCZBob

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The standard Samsung keyboard has gone missing! Now, every message I type & every input box I need to put information in, expects me top use the S-pen. How do I get it back? And how do I tell my GN2 to ONLY use S-pen input if & when I want (such as when I have the S-pen in hand)?

Pull out the s-pen and start a new note. Tap and hold the icon that looks like a microphone. A new menu will appear. You will see a few choices. One will be to get the standard keyboard back, but for now choose the one with the Pen and Setting gear.
A new menu will come up, tick "Pen Detection". That will bring up the pen pad when you have it pulled out and any text input field becomes active.
Now you can go back to the new note screen, and again tap and hold the microphone Icon. Now choose a standard keyboard.
This way if your pen is not removed and a text input field comes up, you get a standard keyboard. If you have the pen out and a text input field comes up, you get the writing pad...

-bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87