Finally New Note 2 Owner!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much! I am definitely getting a case, Amazon, here I come! Yes, a bit scary to even think of dropping it! I did get the Best Buy Insurance....seems like a pretty good deal. $10 per month, unlimited claims and the only thing not covered is lost or stolen.

You can pay 2 years in advance for around $170. If you upgrade or want to cancel before 2 years, they will refund you prorated.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You can pay 2 years in advance for around $170. If you upgrade or want to cancel before 2 years, they will refund you prorated.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
Thank you. I was given that option, just couldn't afford that option right now. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! It's an AMAZING device! Besides getting a good case (Otterbox, Seidio, Ditztronic etc are a few), be sure to also get a good screen protector asap (Voyager 2, Just like Glass, SGP etc) because if there are any scratches on the screen, that takes away the integrity in the compressed gorilla glass making it very prone to breaking.. and sand which is harder than glass, which will scratch it can easily fly in the air into your pocket or your screen.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! It's an AMAZING device! Besides getting a good case (Otterbox, Seidio, Ditztronic etc are a few), be sure to also get a good screen protector asap (Voyager 2, Just like Glass, SGP etc) because if there are any scratches on the screen, that takes away the integrity in the compressed gorilla glass making it very prone to breaking.. and sand which is harder than glass, which will scratch it can easily fly in the air into your pocket or your screen.

Thank You so much. I have a lot to learn, but will get there. It is extremely different from the Thunderbolt, that is for sure! I ordered a case and screen protector from Amazon, pictures below. My GN2 is white, and as a woman I don't mind about the bulk of this case....in fact will prefer it for protection

Attachments

• Note 2 Case.jpg
    Note 2 Case.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen protector.jpg
    Screen protector.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome. There's a lot to discover on this device, but it doesn't in any way feel overwhelming to me at least, just cool. There's many times I'm saying oh wow you can do that too? Thanks for saying that, one more nail in the coffin of whining men who say that the Note 2 is too big. I realize it's preference, but still. That kind of comment from you I think has encouraged other manufacturers to get in on the phablet market. Is that Techarmor tempered glass or a regular screen protector?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am one Happy Girl to finally have a GN2! So after so much craziness trying to 'Transfer' my unlimited line to my dumb line to get the phone and then move it to my unlimited, I was hitting a total wall, I went to Best Buy last night...they were so awesome and tried everything possible to do the transfer, but no Go! It pops up as an "Alternative" upgrade, and they couldn't do that. He said even if I tried to do it online myself, that when I went to transfer the phone to my unlimited, the Unlimited would drop off! I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

Anyway, I added another $10 line to my account. BB matched Amazon for the price of the Note 2 on a new line and I paid $149.99 for the phone!! Awesome! VZW even gave the BB rep a hard time when he went to change the sim card and it wouldn't go through to move the GN2 to my unlimited and he had to call them.....they were asking him a million questions, he played it cool and totally got the job done!

As far as the GN2.....WOW and Boy do I have a Lot to Learn!!!! Soooooo different from my 'now old' Thunderbolt!! I am sure I will have loooooots of questions and Thank you and Android Central all in advance for all the great support in these forums!

This

Last edited:

thepsychorabbit

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes I took the plunge today and bought a Note II also. I have been doing research for a while and could not see the benefits of any other phone compared to this one. I do believe that I will be very happy I did. :cool:

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank You so much. I have a lot to learn, but will get there. It is extremely different from the Thunderbolt, that is for sure! I ordered a case and screen protector from Amazon, pictures below. My GN2 is white, and as a woman I don't mind about the bulk of this case....in fact will prefer it for protection

You should check this out. It is suppose to be one of the best car docks for the Galaxy Note II. Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2. Works with all cases.: Cell Phones & Accessories

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I took the plunge today and bought a Note II also. I have been doing research for a while and could not see the benefits of any other phone compared to this one. I do believe that I will be very happy I did. :cool:
Congrats on deciding to get the GN2...... It's the Best phone I have ever had! Hope you enjoy yours!

Margie

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the link. I actually do want to get some sort of car dock as to utilize my phone in the car more conveniently. Not sure I am a big fan of the windshield mounts though.

Margie

It does mount to the dash also. Though the biggest plus is that it accepts all cases. It even takes my Otterbox defender series case.