Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
for Some reason my keyboard won't come up at all.The only way to text or anythingis to write it out. Can Someone PLEASE help me get my Keyboard back SO I don't have to write everything?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
for Some reason my keyboard won't come up at all.The only way to text or anythingis to write it out. Can Someone PLEASE help me get my Keyboard back SO I don't have to write everything?

Did you go to settings> language&input> set default keyboard samsung keyboard

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Does it look like this? If so, does it only happen when type pen is out?

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361350318631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361350318631.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 33

jamdroid2

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I posted here (don't know how to refer you to a previous thread) and got a great response from forum member DenverCZBob, as follows:

Pull out the s-pen and start a new note. Tap and hold the icon that looks like a microphone. A new menu will appear. You will see a few choices. One will be to get the standard keyboard back, but for now choose the one with the Pen and Setting gear.
A new menu will come up, tick "Pen Detection". That will bring up the pen pad when you have it pulled out and any text input field becomes active.
Now you can go back to the new note screen, and again tap and hold the microphone Icon. Now choose a standard keyboard.
This way if your pen is not removed and a text input field comes up, you get a standard keyboard. If you have the pen out and a text input field comes up, you get the writing pad...

-bob

Everything now is back to normal on my Note 2. I hope this helps you to the same conclusion :).

Jeff

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Perfectly stated above. I had the same thing happen to me and the very kind forum members helped me. As long as you have Pen detection turned on..... The keyboard will come up that way every time. I leave mine on and when I go to write any type of message I just click/hold down the 'Mic' button and there select the 'keyboard'.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361374669511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361374669511.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 50

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a keyboard icon and not a mic icon.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361379132102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361379132102.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 20

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a keyboard icon and not a mic icon.

Hmmmm, that's interesting! When I have S Pen turned on and S Pen pulled out of phone and go to type a message (email, text etc) the screen looks like the pic I posted above. When I click and hold down the mic it gives me 4 options to select. I click on picture of keyboard...and then the full keyboard fills that bottom portion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot Keyboard.png
    Screen Shot Keyboard.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 17