Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Please help!

for Some reason my keyboard won't come up at all.The only way to text or anythingis to write it out. Can Someone PLEASE help me get my Keyboard back SO I don't have to write everything?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Hoopingarner View Post
    for Some reason my keyboard won't come up at all.The only way to text or anythingis to write it out. Can Someone PLEASE help me get my Keyboard back SO I don't have to write everything?
    Did you go to settings> language&input> set default keyboard samsung keyboard

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Hoopingarner View Post
    Does it look like this? If so, does it only happen when type pen is out?

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1361350318631.jpg  

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I posted here (don't know how to refer you to a previous thread) and got a great response from forum member DenverCZBob, as follows:

Pull out the s-pen and start a new note. Tap and hold the icon that looks like a microphone. A new menu will appear. You will see a few choices. One will be to get the standard keyboard back, but for now choose the one with the Pen and Setting gear.
    A new menu will come up, tick "Pen Detection". That will bring up the pen pad when you have it pulled out and any text input field becomes active.
    Now you can go back to the new note screen, and again tap and hold the microphone Icon. Now choose a standard keyboard.
    This way if your pen is not removed and a text input field comes up, you get a standard keyboard. If you have the pen out and a text input field comes up, you get the writing pad...

-bob

Everything now is back to normal on my Note 2. I hope this helps you to the same conclusion .

Jeff

Perfectly stated above. I had the same thing happen to me and the very kind forum members helped me. As long as you have Pen detection turned on..... The keyboard will come up that way every time. I leave mine on and when I go to write any type of message I just click/hold down the 'Mic' button and there select the 'keyboard'.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1361374669511.jpg  

I have a keyboard icon and not a mic icon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1361379132102.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I have a keyboard icon and not a mic icon.

Hmmmm, that's interesting! When I have S Pen turned on and S Pen pulled out of phone and go to type a message (email, text etc) the screen looks like the pic I posted above. When I click and hold down the mic it gives me 4 options to select. I click on picture of keyboard...and then the full keyboard fills that bottom portion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-screen-shot-keyboard.png  

Same thing for me but the keyboard is what showes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Same thing for me but the keyboard is what showes up.

I wonder why you get the keyboard and I get the mic? Wonder if there is a preference setting?

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Didn't see one. I have AT&T though.