Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: how often do you pull the stylus out? I almost forgot that it had one.... :(

I use mine three or four times a week to sketch things and make notes. It's handy that I can sketch a drawing of my ideas for an engineer or technician then text it to them for them to keep. Blows their minds.
    Rob
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!

Default Re: how often do you pull the stylus out? I almost forgot that it had one.... :(

Quote Originally Posted by ishore99 View Post
    How did you sign the PDF document?
    I use either the Adobe Reader app or ezPDF Reader app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I use it for screenshots and when taking notes while talking on the phone. I also use it fir hover scrolling on applications that support it.

ROM
    Stock

I pull out the stylus everytime I turn on the screen and it unlocks for me already, rather than pressing the power button then press the slider to unlock the screen. Much faster that way and less wear and tear for the power button/switch. I'm on Bean's ROM V10, btw, I dunno if it works on stock rom.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I pull out the stylus everytime I turn on the screen and it unlocks for me already, rather than pressing the power button then press the slider to unlock the screen. Much faster that way and less wear and tear for the power button/switch. I'm on Bean's ROM V10, btw, I dunno if it works on stock rom.
    Stock rom does the same

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    Stock rom does the same
    Never had the stock rom. Rooted and unlocked it on the day I got it.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Yeah this is the first Android phone I have bought and have not rooted. I have yet to find anything appealing in the custom rom area besides on screen buttons like on nexus devices.

Quote Originally Posted by ishore99 View Post
    How did you sign the PDF document?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    I use either the Adobe Reader app or ezPDF Reader app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I use the ez PDF too. Have not tried it with Adobe though.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

SignDoc Mobile is a great app for signing documents. It is highly touted by Samsung.

ROM
    Stock

Yeah this is the first Android phone I have bought and have not rooted. I have yet to find anything appealing in the custom rom area besides on screen buttons like on nexus devices.
    Stock ROM and Touchwiz never appeals to me so I rooted, unlocked, took out the bloatware, did the SD card swap, and activated the mobile hotspot, etc. (Among other things)

ROM
    Stock

I use it to draw things out for patients sometimes.. Also just to draw.my gf likes that function lol.

I don't have write notes often..sometimes i just use it when browsing internet or to copy text..Also use it on sites that have drop down menus.. at least once a day i use it

I us it mostly for writing down things I need to do. Like a grocery list or a reminder

My use of the pen has been fading but I know why and there's a fix. On any secreen I should be able to press a button on the pen that lets me write a note on top of that screen, and when I'm done I push the button again and the note and a current screen shot are saved and then the note is time stamped and then there is digitizing of the hand written text so it is searchable. When I display that note later it can be with or without the screen shot and the screen shot with or without the note. When I want to jot something down I'm loath to navigate away from the current screen. Why require that? Just allow the writing on any current screen. Saving a screen shot might help remember the context of the note if it's not complete.

I love handwriting again but giving up searchable text is asking too much.

The stylus is most useful when its 20 degrees out with wind chill of 9 and you have big fluffy gloves on and don't want to freeze your little fingers off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDieingDream1 View Post
    The stylus is most useful when its 20 degrees out with wind chill of 9 and you have big fluffy gloves on and don't want to freeze your little fingers off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Aaaah, I remember that weather all too well! It was many years ago in Chicago! No gloves now (Arizona) but use the S pen every day! You have a perfect use for the S pen! Stay warm!

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Stock ROM and Touchwiz never appeals to me so I rooted, unlocked, took out the bloatware, did the SD card swap, and activated the mobile hotspot, etc. (Among other things)
    Yeah, WIFI hotspot is really the only feature I used in custom roms and now that it is included in the stock rom, I don't see any point in me rooting a phone.

I use the stylus frequently to swipe the keyboard to enter text for text messages, email, web text field entries. Often I use my pointing finger to swipe enter text while I hold the phone in the other hand, but often it's easier to use the stylus to enter text. Especially for long messages. I plan on drawing more with the stylus soon. SketchBook from Adobe is an excellent, really fun app to draw with using the stylus. And the stylus is good for card games and games like Solitaire, Sudoku and Othello.
    Last edited by universeand; 02-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.

I'm rooted and while I'm skeptical of custom ROMS in terms of bugs and hiccups, I am contemplating unlocking the bootloader to flash mods for things like putting any app on the multi-window bar.

But just having root privileges offer a lot of customization even with the stock ROM. You can modify your features.xml file through which I enabled continuous looping home windows (like on other non-Verizon carriers) and silent camera shutter.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    I'm rooted and while I'm skeptical of custom ROMS in terms of bugs and hiccups, I am contemplating unlocking the bootloader to flash mods for things like putting any app on the multi-window bar.

But just having root privileges offer a lot of customization even with the stock ROM. You can modify your features.xml file through which I enabled continuous looping home windows (like on other non-Verizon carriers) and silent camera shutter.
    Yeah, I know of all the customization options, but I just don't have the time or want to to do it. The only thing to me that was appealing to it was the hotspot being backed into the rom, but since it isn't I am not the least bit interested. I am not knocking those who do it but I would rather be playing guitar or doing voice lessons than playing with my phone in my free time.

ROM
    Stock

Yeah, WIFI hotspot is really the only feature I used in custom roms and now that it is included in the stock rom, I don't see any point in me rooting a phone.
    But with the wifi hotspot in the custom rom, I don't have to pay for tethering. One of the reasons why I root.

Last edited by Droid_Evo_8; 02-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

But with the wifi hotspot in the custom rom, I don't have to pay for tethering. One of the reasons why I root.

Verizon no longer charges for WIFI Hotspot unless you are on unlimited data....which I am not. I read your 9 reasons to root and none of those appeal to me. I have rooted devices in the past and I see no reason for me to do this one. I check all of my bank and brokerage accounts on my device, so I want something locked and secure. It is not that I am uniformed of what root capabilities are, it is that I do not need or even want those capabilities. I have a rooted Galaxy Nexus to play with if I want a custom rom or other features/apps. I have bought many root access apps but I am fine not using them. It is fine if you want the newest version of Android, but personally I do not care what the new version is. There are not any features I find the phone to be lacking. I do not care about multiwindow for any app. I actually do not use that feature at all. I understand why people root their devices, but you guys should understand why some people do not care to root. I look at XDA and see some great things they are accomplishing over there, but I have no desire to tinker with this device.
    Last edited by rkeenan; 02-28-2013 at 11:50 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Verizon no longer charges for WIFI Hotspot unless you are on unlimited data....which I am not.
    I still rooted my phone for those same 9 reasons. Just like my car, my phone is not gonna stay stock.

Yeah, I know of all the customization options, but I just don't have the time or want to to do it. The only thing to me that was appealing to it was the hotspot being backed into the rom, but since it isn't I am not the least bit interested. I am not knocking those who do it but I would rather be playing guitar or doing voice lessons than playing with my phone in my free time.
    You don't have to get into or be deep into phones to derive value from having your phone customized to suit your needs. Most everyone customizes their phone to some degree to make it more of what they want or need. Of course root and custom ROMs give you greater ability to customize. And someone may or may not desire or need that greater level of customization. Some who are not really "into" phones may nevertheless need or desire customization that is not possible from stock. I can see where perhaps some art app gives an artist more features if the phone is rooted. Or a disabled person can have needed features if their phone is rooted or on a custom ROM.

As I said although I'm rooted, I don't see a need for a full custom ROM myself. Also I have computer science degree so naturally I look for more control and flexibility than the average person. Given you're aware of what's possible and you're happy with the stock ROM and unrooted that's a good thing for you.

I use it at work almost everyday doing estimates. I write measurements down and make notes for jobs. I can email or text them to the office.
    But I try to have fun with it too. The other day I drew a picture of my boss to set as his contact photo.

how often do you pull the stylus out?  I almost forgot that it had one.... :(-uploadfromtaptalk1362173698971.jpg
    jvbaseball likes this.

I hardly use mine. I used it often when I first got my Note 2 phone to practice drawing mustaches on people's faces on their pictures, but after that I rather lost interest. I still think the stylus pen is a very cool feature and I love having it. I simply don't use it too much nowadays after the newness of it wore off. It's great for impressing others who don't have a Note 2 phone though, especially iPhoney users, haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast