When using AT&T SIM card in VZW Note 2, the status bar changes every few seconds from 3G to H to H+

SilentRinger

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
When using AT&T SIM card in VZW Note 2, the status bar changes every few seconds from 3G to H to H+

I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I removed the Verizon 4G sim card and inserted my AT&T Wireless sim card.

It works perfectly for texting and voice calling. 3G data also works great when the signal stays in 3G(as indicated on the pull-down status menu bar)

However, the data signal frequently changes from "3G" to "H" to "H+" back and fort every few seconds. I'm told that "H" and "H+" are just the fast versions of 3G on AT&T.

I brought the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 to the local AT&T corporate-operated store for advice. Yes, they got a kick out of seeing AT&T sim card being used in a Verizon device.

Apparently I was not the first Verizon who walked into the AT&T store asking about this issue. The manager told me that the problem started after AT&T started deploying 4G in my area. On the AT&T GSM Note 2, he showed me how to disable(or limit) the signal to 3G only and that solved the issue. Unfortunately, it couldn't be done on my Verizon Note 2, or at least he had no idea how to do it. (can't blame him, since he was a manager at AT&T not Verizon :) )

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

(screenshot below taken on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T GSM sim card inserted)

Attachments

• statusbar.jpg
    statusbar.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 98

masetas

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: When using AT&T SIM card in VZW Note 2, the status bar changes every few seconds from 3G to H to

I also have a Verizon Gnote 2 and want to use it with AT&T well Gophone to be exact and was wondering when you insert your ATT sim card:

1. Do you have to do anything special to get Data to work or its just like you stated automatically works?
2. Can you send and receive mms? did you have to change any apn's?
3. What are you download speeds?

you should try using the app called hidden settings, i know theres an option where you can change some settings like, force LTE , Global mode, etc...
ill see if i still have it and will pm you with it.