Performance Impact

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone how are you all doing? I posted this SAME similar comment in another forum (Verizon Note 2). I was wondering if anyone experienced some kind of lag on your phone? For example (as I already explained in the another forum), if you press home it'd take a tad bit while for it finally takes you to the home screen. Normally, before this update, it was able to take me quickly to the home screen.. if you hold down the home button, it'd take awhile for it finally load up the applications running in the background. Normally, it'd quickly load up whatever apps you want to see.. I notice it really does some impact on the performance, DOES ANYONE CARE to comment on that if they experience the same? if so, what can I do to reduce this problem?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I read your first post and during the day have not noticed any significant differences in performance with 4.3 over 4.1.2.
Try rebooting your phone.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the first hour or so things are settling in so it's show at first and things move snappy with time.

Sent from Jesse's new lab.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the first hour or so things are settling in so it's show at first and things move snappy with time.

Sent from Jesse's new lab.
That's exactly what I experienced while I was setting up a few hours ago! It's buttery smooth now though!

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have S Voice enabled turn off the setting that maps it to the home screen button. I'd say speed is about the same for me after the update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you have S Voice enabled turn off the setting that maps it to the home screen button. I'd say speed is about the same for me after the update.

I looked at that feature you talked about..I found the S-Voice app through the app drawer, I unchecked EVERYTHING.. apparently it still seemed the same.. I don't get it.. Maybe I ought to wait around for the next small update to improve system performance and stability..

shouse3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Try a factory reset that may work. I did a factory reset after I upgraded to 4.3

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I always do a factory reset after a software update! I guess to preclude a gremlin invasion!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I would say the same. I checked the settings and nothing changed..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

shouse3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I would say so phone works wonderful. just make sure everything is backed up. I lost a few important phone numbers doing the factory reset