Verizon Note 2 Weak Bluetooth

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or know of a fix for the issue. I have a work phone(Note 2) that has never had any real issues. All of a sudden, the Bluetooth and WiFi is really weak. I loose Bluetooth signal even when my phone is a foot - 2 feet away from me. I was also at home and only had one bar for my WiFi router and usually have a full signal. My Bluetooth works fine on any other phones. I can be on a call holding my phone in my hand, and it will get all garbled and disconnect, even with a full charge on the phone and headset. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
First things first, I'd begin with a "Restart". If that doesn't help, clear the "Cache". If that doesn't help, you may actually have a bad unit. I'd let the techies take it form there. Good luck!

Last edited:

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use a BT speaker, and the phone has to be within a few inches or the sound drops out. At about three feet, it drops the connection altogether. It's been this way since I got the phone, and I'm blocking KitKat.

It sorta defeats the whole point, I might as well use a wire.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting; my Note2 connects up to 100 ft away with my Bluetooth headset. Better than any other Bluetooth phone I've owned.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I use a BT speaker, and the phone has to be within a few inches or the sound drops out. At about three feet, it drops the connection altogether. It's been this way since I got the phone, and I'm blocking KitKat.

It sorta defeats the whole point, I might as well use a wire.

Same here. My BT can be in my ear and the phone in the cup holder next to me and it starts to get very garbled, just like when you are on the handset in a bad area and it gets robot sounding. I have to place the phone near my ear to reconnect which defeats the purpose. Before KK, I could walk 30-40 feet before there was an issue. It works fine on other phones and my tablet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app