Camera Freezing Issues

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried searching first, but didn't have any success in doing so.
I've run into a strange problem while running either aokp or cm10 nightlies.
Occasionally when I take pictures, the phone will freeze and require a battery pull. It doesn't matter whether I have the flash off or set to auto.

I would hate to have to go back to stock, but if I can't figure out the camera issue I'll be forced to as I love having my phone double as a camera so that I can snap some impromptu shots of my newborn (our 4th).

Thanks in advance for any advice

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope
I have not tested the latest nightly yet, but it still causes the issue for me. I'm considering a full wipe, but if that doesn't fix it I'll have to decide whether or not I go back to a stock rooted rom or play Russian roulette when I take pictures. I have gotten good at taking off my Rearth case quickly so that I can do a battery pull.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Try flashing the new nightly with the dirty flash. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I dirty flashed with no change. I've also tried installing the 4.2 camera and it freezes too. Once I get a chance to back everything up off of the phone I'll do a completely clean wipe and not restore apps via titanium

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
After wiping and starting fresh, the issue appears to be gone.

I guess threatening my phone with stock rooted was enough to scare it into shape :rolleyes:

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
After wiping and starting fresh, the issue appears to be gone.

I guess threatening my phone with stock rooted was enough to scare it into shape :rolleyes:

I'm having the same issues except that i recently reverted to stock after a factory reset and flashed back to PA 2.52 and still having issue. I have the 4.2 camera installed but after a data wipe and everything the 4.1 cam will freeze as well. I'm starting the think that when flashing the 4.2 camera a script was installed somewhere in the root directory that is messing things up. Theres a folder called "cameradata" in the system folder. Tried deleting it but that didnt do anything. I have no idea where to go from here.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow I have a post for the same issue... Honestly this happened once or twice prior to me ever rooting, unlocking, and flashing... I may try to wipe but... Uuuuuh I don't feel like setting my phone back up... Smh... I think it's a phone issue honestly...

Sent from my GS3....

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, both cm10 and aokp were doing well until I restored apps via titanium. After doing that my camera began to freeze again. I'm now running jellywiz rs12 with no issues, but I haven't restored any apps.

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I found a temporary solution that is so simple its ridiculous. If you are running 4.2 Gallery and camera just touch the screen to focus and then take the pic. Works every time. Then i forgot to touch the screen for one pick of my daughter and it crashed. There is an ongoing thread over at XDA Verizon GS3 Themes and Apps about it. Would still like to know why this is happening!

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I found a temporary solution that is so simple its ridiculous. If you are running 4.2 Gallery and camera just touch the screen to focus and then take the pic. Works every time. Then i forgot to touch the screen for one pick of my daughter and it crashed. There is an ongoing thread over at XDA Verizon GS3 Themes and Apps about it. Would still like to know why this is happening!
Thanks

I'll give that a shot after I'm done messing with jellywiz. I really want to go back to aokp since it let me turn on the onscreen nav buttons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89