Will Verizon Activate Rooted/Rom Phones?

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I bit the bullet and upgraded to the S4...paid full price...eh. Anyhoo, I am hoping to sell my rooted S3 and after talking with a buyer today who wasnt educated much on rooting, I wondered if Verizon would activate a rooted phone with a ROM on it. I did a google search and got conflicting answers...I wondered if any of you had experience with this? The rom is Cleanrom, so it looks like Touchwiz, but if they restart it they would notice the different bootscreen. Thanks in advance for any insight.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm they may still activate it. It really depends on if you go to a corporate store or an independent store. At the corporate store They will Not activate it, per company policy. I would suggest going back to stock to have it activated, then reroot and flash your rom again, you could even back it up to the sdcard.

Really all they have to do is go to settings - > about device and got to device status. It will say modified if it isn't purely stock.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
tell them that they can skip the whole having to go to a Verizon store to do it and they can activate it on their my Verizon account from their computer :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
tell them that they can skip the whole having to go to a Verizon store to do it and they can activate it on their my Verizon account from their computer :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Yes that will work for activating a rooted/rom phone, or at least it used to.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If the buyer isn't educated about rooting, why would you want to burden him/her with a rooted phone? It's more likely to cause problems (as it already is) than simply returning it to stock/locked.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer