Decrypting my Galaxy S3

rajatq2

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I recently upgraded my galaxy s to a galaxy s3. My company rolled out this Google Device policy that makes me encrypt my phone, set up really annoying textual passwords, and a few other security settings to supposedly protect my phone. When it came time to root and apply a new rom to the phone, I could not, because CWM couldn't format or overwrite "/data" on my phone.

I wrote a blog post on how to decrypt your phone. Unfortunately you'll have to start from scratch and you won't get to save anything that isn't backed up externally. The phone's file system is permanently encrypted. I tried a few things like "unregistering" the device and removing the accounts, but it would never decrypt successfully.

Here are my instructions:
enerjee ? How to DeCrypt a Samsung Galaxy S3

Long story short - flash a stock rom with ODIN. Then unlock the bootloader, install a new recovery, and flash with something better.

leepaolucci

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Ive found a way to keep ur files on ur encrypted sd card...download ur encrypted sd card to the computer then to a new sd card and BAM!!! U have all ur files :) takes a lil bit depending on ur computer but I just did it and I have everything! !!!!

RyeF

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I am late in finding this post as I've now encountered this problem. I'm also a novice at areas like this; therefore, can you tell me what is the easiest way perform the download from encrypted sd card to computer then from computer to new sd card? Should I do what is call a drag and drop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87