Sgs 3 or wait for Razr HD?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Like someone said earlier...as you can see opinions of the same things can vary...

My Droid X1 was a nice phone. Only started giving me issues as it approached its end of life. That was rebooting at times while listening to the FM Radio. The GB update made mine better. And Blur has come along way since the Droid X was released. The GB update for the DX was the first time in a long time I didnt put on a 3rd party launcher. And Blur is alot better on the RAZR...probably Bionic too.

DId I mention I put a total of 1 ROM on my DX ... that happened about 6 months after getting the phone......and now its back to stock? I still use it to this day...its not activated right now tho. About 6 months after my kids mother had it it looks like she was throwing it on the ground. Its beat up too bad to use out the house, as a phone.

Motorola phones have been the most reliable, least annoying for my wants n needs. That dates back to the E815...All I really want is decent battery life and reception. For me....they have always come thru.

That said....which you should get....it depends... I dont think anyone even knows when the Droid HD will come out. If you need a new phone now...the GS3 is a good bet. I almost pre ordered one....me being a Moto fan for years doesnt stop me from trying other manufactures. But I am getting close to writing off HTC and Samsung...the Rezound and G Nex was a let down for my wants n needs. I might still get a GS3...have a family plan and dont want all Moto phones on it. Like to be able to do direct comparisons of different phones too.

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Finally someone giving Verizon credit ...people started to annoy me like Vzw would just sneak and change their grandfather policy over night with out warning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the Non-removable battery. I question the 13 mp camera.... I still feel that the Samsung camera will be better and the screen as well. I think Moto comes up just a tad bit short.I was all over the Bionic before it came out... then I get hit with a 6 month delay, finally get my hands on it then get hit with the connectivity issues so-so camera and a click above average screen to only get slapped in the face with the release of the Razr then Razr Maxx.....I love Moto's build quality but I think Samsung has got it right with this phone. I never used Touchwiz but I plan on giving it a spin or I might even do the the whole root custom rom thing..all in all I think both will be fantastic phones but personal Moto really let me down with the whole Bionic thing and personally I don't really like the look of the Razr line. One thing I do know is that Samsung is not going to come out with a Galaxy SIII Maxx !!!:)

This is my main reason for dropping the Razr for a SIII ..i bought a Razr and liked it, but then a month later they bring the Maxx... and now word of an HD ...I'm done with MOTO..ill get an SIII and know im safe for a year..I know Sammy wont be dropping another flagship device months after i get it...Hello! Moto and HTC this is what people want ..one great flagship phone a year from you.. less than is ok ..but not better.. not after we just paid $200-$300

Sent from my DROID RAZR soon to be SIII using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my main reason for dropping the Razr for a SIII ..i bought a Razr and liked it, but then a month later they bring the Maxx... and now word of an HD ...I'm done with MOTO..ill get an SIII and know im safe for a year..I know Sammy wont be dropping another flagship device months after i get it...Hello! Moto and HTC this is what people want ..one great flagship phone a year from you.. less than is ok ..but not better.. not after we just paid $200-$300

I wouldn't have a problem with Moto releasing a phone every month if they supported the old ones better.

-Suntan

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The dx was the last moto phone I had and while it was made out of alumiunm,the battery cover had become so loose if not for being in a case would have lost it many times.
While some phones are made out of plastic mine have always held up great and no loose battery cover doors (incredible,GNexus).
So I have no problems with the GS3 being made out of plastic ,doesnt feel cheap to me.:)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah Motorola does seem to release a new phone every other month. And with rumors of the maxx hd only having a 2000-2500mah battery I have a feeling they could do another razr to razr maxx where they release the maxx hd and then a month later the maxx hd+ with the 3300 or higher mah battery. At least with Samsung pretty much they are only going to release one maybe two phones on Verizon and not 5 within 6 months.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
All I will say about how many phones they release....

Some thought they were safe getting a G Nex. Turns out some ppl wanted a phone to actually work as a phone. I dont really care how many phones a company release...if I get one and it works the way I want...thats all that matters. Moto releasing the Maxx didnt make me upset with them enough to sat screw em...I just know with a Moto phone I better wait a few months to see if a similar model drops.

It all depends on want n needs. If the latest n greatest is one ....you will be same getting a Samsung phone cuz they dont really release similar high end models on the same carrier. HTC doesnt really do it too.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea about the Razr HD but I had a great experience with the Photon. The radios in it were fantastic, call quality was top notch, the processors were snappy and battery life was excellent but the screen was the stuff pentile nightmares are made of. Thats why I switched the the Sprint Galaxy SII, gorgeous screen, faster performance and horrid radios (although Im sure Sprint contributes greatly to that as well).

If the Razr HD has a good screen I'm sure it will be an excellent device as well. Myself I'm still waiting on reviews of the North American Galaxy SIII on different carriers before I know if I want one and which carrier I'll be signing on with. Heres a clue, it won't be sprint.