Is NFC broke? Can you use google wallet?

Morlince

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that are lucky enough to have received your phone already, have you tried using google wallet? Does the NFC chip work?

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine Verizon disabled NFC. I remember when I pre-ordered the Samsung 5 pack of NFC tiles were available on the accessory page.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus, I thought Google Wallet was disabled (which uses NFC). Was NFC itself disabled too? Either way, I doubt NFC is disabled on the S3.

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
vzw didn't allow Google wallet because they signed up with another company but you can still get Google wallet loaded onto the nexus and im pretty sure you can get it loaded onto the s3 just as easy. and just like bmx said NFC isn't disabled and if it is, its just disabled in the options and you can enable it.

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
VZW is developing their own wallet program and will probably charge you to use it. 1-10 transactions at some ridiculous price then 11-20 transactions at more cost and so on.. :p

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it will be called the shared everything wallet and will be touted as the best thing on earth by vzw employees.

1 purchase starts out at a meager $60 a month extra

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Morlince

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If verizon has been working on this extra program since before the Nexus why haven't they released it yet? God damn verizon messing with our stuff all the time.

You say you can still load it if your rooted? I hope so because that was one of the features i really was looking forward to.