couldn't connect to 4G until restart?

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i had my phone since July 10 from Verizon. i looked at the up time and i have not restarted the phone since then. i noticed that my 4G speed has been getting slower and slower, until yesterday, it can't even keep a 4G connection. when i switch airplane mode off and on, it will get 4G for less than a minute and then switch back to 3G again. i did a speed test and downloads is at 4mbps and uploads is at less than 5mbps.

i restarted the phone and immediately, 4G speed test were at 19mbps with 8mbps upload. has anyone noticed this issue before?

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine dose the same thing. Just restarted this morning. Takes about a week before it starts slowing down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

complinitor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
This just in from VZW Tech level 2:

Samsung is aware of the issue and is rushing a patch for the S GIII. This affects phones on the CDMA/LTE platform. It will be out no later than October 1. It has to do with the phone's ability to switch between 1G/3G/4G automatically.

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh good, I have the problem that I will get 4G then switch to 3G but won't go back to 4G on some occasions without restarting.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My phone did this yesterday when I got it, come to think about it the one on display in the store was the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The rezound was always doing it! I have hardly any issues with the GS3 compared to the rezound! I don't even think HTC acknowledged the problem!
Glad Samsung has!

Cherie Bennett

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I love this phone, but holding a 4G signal is a disappointment. I don't mind when I'm home, as I switch to WiFi, but any other time, I look for 4G. I'm coming from a Rezound and it never lost a 4G signal. It's been a bit frustrating. Glad to know a patch is on the way, although I wish we could get it sooner. ;)

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I only had a problem for about two days, during which I did restart my S3 a few times trying to get back on 4G, but could only get 3G and saw 1x for the only time since I got this 2 weeks ago. I ended up shutting it down and leaving it for a while and then I was back on 4G once I restarted. I've been solidly on 4G ever since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38