Should I return?

chisam14#AC

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
First off let me say that I love my s3. On the other hand, I have been constantly plagued by the "No Sim" and wifi connectivity issues. Is this a software issue or hardware? Should I return for a replacement or wait for a sw upgrade? I've read several people say a new phone was the fix and others said it didn't help. Mine was a pre-order from vzw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would try getting a replacement if you are outside your 14day window they will send you a like new certified warranty replacement which is what I have and have had no issues I was able to switch to a gs3 from a htc rezound I was on the 4th one and still having data drop issues so I was very happy when they said they could send me a gs3 as a alternate replacement and I am not looking back the GS3 kicks some serious a##!

chisam14#AC

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to have data drop on browser or apps. Mostly when sending text and making calls

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my S3 a few days ago and when the Verizon rep booted the phone up for the first time, I got a message saying something like no sim card detected. Tried and couple more time and same thing. The Verizon rep swapped out the sim with a new one and the problem was solved. Been fine ever since.

Short answer, try a new sim.

Fuzion0503

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Glad I havn't had this problem. I noticed when I received my blue 32GB S3 on the 15th of this Month, I snapped out the sim card in the small wraped plastic book and put it in. One thing if you guys put in the sim card, make sure it snaps in, you'll hear a click and when you do it's in. Just someting that could possibly be overlooked. When I connect to wifi, it stays connected. Though when there is wifi nearby it sure does not hesitate to allow me to choose one, I usually just hit cancel. I get my case and screen cover today to help protect it.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I got my S3 a few days ago and when the Verizon rep booted the phone up for the first time, I got a message saying something like no sim card detected. Tried and couple more time and same thing. The Verizon rep swapped out the sim with a new one and the problem was solved. Been fine ever since.

Short answer, try a new sim.

Funny. I got this error when I got home after getting my phone. I reseated the sim card and haven't had the issue since. I think the Verizon rep didn't push it in all the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa