Caught lightning in action...

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering in the commercial I saw the g3 take the burst shot and it took 20 photos I can only seem to find the 8 pic burst am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

That's because Best Shot is on, it selects the best one out of eight shots. Turn it off to get the manual 20.

When you select burst mode it's on the top left of the view finder area.

ginoshiv19

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Driving down the road with my wife at the wheel and we were going through a lightning storm. I think right away, it's time for some burst shot and a little luck. Well... It worked out. Check out the pictures I got.

I took nearly 2000 pictures all in burst. I got about 25 good ones. Here are the best of them.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Amazing pictures! :)

I've been trying for years to get some shots like that with a camera and have not yet succeeded.

Kudos to you! :)

YEMan0443

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
it's also the difference between "best shot" and "burst shot" best shot will actually only take 8, process the 8 and give you it's choice of best shot of the 8. you can still save all 8 if you'd like.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got a canon with a lighting trigger (via chdk) and I have gotten exactly 1 lighting shot with it because I rarely carry it. Having this capability in something I carry all the time will make all the difference. Thanks for the idea! And thanks for the cool pics.