Help please, text message notification

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
When I receive texts my screen turns on. Even with a pattern unlock or with widget locker. I don't want it to and I can't find a setting to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The only way you can do it is to go into settings in your messaging app and uncheck NOTIFICATIONS.

If you do this though you wont get any audible, LED or vibrating notifications and will have to wake your phone up and look to see if you have a text.

Last edited:

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol ok I was afraid of that being the only way, I was just hoping I missed a setting somewhere. Thanks

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh great wtf lol. Would you happen to know the setting that you have checked or unchecked or something please

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I asked the same thing a while back. The only solution that I found was to use Handcent. However, this will not deploy the nifty feature of placing a call by simply lifting the phone to your ear. I really hope this is fixed in the update.

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea I did use handcent, was always my default sms app due to customizability. But I really like being able to just our phone to head and call. I forgot about handcent though and not having my screen turns on with every text sounds better that the motion thing right now

slickflier88

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
i,m on the SGH--I747M. The phone LED comes on for notifications. screen stays blank. Running 4.0.4 including a recent update. under settings>power saving> i have turned it on and checked all 4 check boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty