Who else hasn't gotten JB yet?

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me. Verizon just doesn't seem to love me anymore.

I know the JB update is supposed to going out in rolling groups. However, it's been over a week now and still no update love for my S3. Is it still rolling out or is everyone supposed to have it by now?

mikah15

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought my s3 yesterday and was able to update it right away. I dont know why you havent been able to update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, about phone, system updates and check for updates and try to pull it manually. Read the threads with JB issues to make sure you really wanna update. This JB version is buggy

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife got it the morning of the first day of release - I still haven't! The Verizon folks told me that by Monday it should be universally available to pull, so I'm sitting tight until then. They roll it out in stages, and some people are luckier than others in terms of where they are in line. Glad you started this thread - I've been wanting to myself because I felt like the only person still waiting!:)

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sort of torn. On the one hand, it didn't seem to cause my wife's phone any problems, and I want Google Now. (To be honest, it doesn't seem like much has changed besides Google Now.) On the other, I see that the forums are full of complaints, and the last Android phone I had - the Bionic - got really messed up by the ICS upgrade. If I could download Google Now as an app, I'd pick that over an OS update anyday.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, it's good to know I don't have to change my avatar to the Forever Alone rage comic :)

I've had JB on my Nexus 7 tablet since I bought it a couple of months ago and I've been looking forward to getting it on my S3. I think Google Now will be more useful to me there since the phone goes with me everywhere, while my Nexus 7 is mostly at home.

Thanks,

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's good to know I don't have to change my avatar to the Forever Alone rage comic :)

I've had JB on my Nexus 7 tablet since I bought it a couple of months ago and I've been looking forward to getting it on my S3. I think Google Now will be more useful to me there since the phone goes with me everywhere, while my Nexus 7 is mostly at home.

Thanks,

I wasn't going to get it at all, but did. I gave up root, did a factory data rest first, too the update, and set it up. It works as well as ICS did on MY phone. Some people have some issues, but overall, it was the best OTA experience I've ever had in regards to a new OS version. Google Now is really the only difference, so there's nothing wrong with keeping ICS. Bloatware is the same.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how people are saying there's really no difference. If you were rooted and running different ROM's or launchers, then yeah not much will change. But that's because they update the OS not Nova Launcher. If you were running TouchWiz, then A LOT changed. Google Now has been cool if you take the time to set it up and adjust the settings, the folders look SO much better than that old ugly manilla icon. The notification bar is a lot better with the new date and time look as well as the expandable widgets. I love the smooth transitions and the new widgets that are offered.

Again, if you root your device then you shouldn't care if an update is different because you change everything anyway. But if you aren't rooted, I HIGHLY recommend taking this update as for me, it made the GS3 exactly what I expected it to be. I loved it with ICS but with JB it's even better.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for it too. I have played with it on my wife's phone and still don't think it's such a big change. Plus, after reading that thread about problems after the update, I'm starting to think we're the lucky ones!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I finally dug into the settings as suggested above. Pulled down the update manually and ran it with no major issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2