1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default Stay Awake time killing battery

My wife's S3 had been burning through battery lately. I checked what was using the battery and Android OS was at the top. The stay awake time was over 6 hours. This is all while she was at work and the phone was in her purse. She also had the mobile data off because the building she's in had a lot of interference. I installed gsam and got some more details. The highest user was the kernel. Not sure what to do about this and didn't find another thread that covered this. Thanks for any input in advance.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Default Re: Stay Awake time killing battery

Quote Originally Posted by mpciii View Post
    My wife's S3 had been burning through battery lately. I checked what was using the battery and Android OS was at the top. The stay awake time was over 6 hours. This is all while she was at work and the phone was in her purse. She also had the mobile data off because the building she's in had a lot of interference. I installed gsam and got some more details. The highest user was the kernel. Not sure what to do about this and didn't find another thread that covered this. Thanks for any input in advance.
    I don't know if same issue, but my wife also had battery drain issue and what i found was the screen wasn't turning off. Like your wife she would put phone into her purse when done using it and didn't really pay attention that screen was on. Might check that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Stay Awake time killing battery

Look at this thread and disable these apps Question About Battery Drain