[HELP] Verizon GS3 can't boot into recovery or download mode

Chawpstyx

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2. Today I tried flashing the Ninphetamine kernel on my device, and after a successful flash in recovery (I have TWRP), I rebooted my device but it wouldn't turn on. I then tried booting into recovery. Didn't work. I then tried to boot in download mode. Didn't work. Is my device bricked, or is there any other way to get into download mode other than using the Vol. Down, Home, and Lock buttons? Thanks in advance.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2. Today I tried flashing the Ninphetamine kernel on my device, and after a successful flash in recovery (I have TWRP), I rebooted my device but it wouldn't turn on. I then tried booting into recovery. Didn't work. I then tried to boot in download mode. Didn't work. Is my device bricked, or is there any other way to get into download mode other than using the Vol. Down, Home, and Lock buttons? Thanks in advance.

try this , i was bricked once myself because i relocked my ph.. thats just an insight,,

now on to your problem,, dont worry yet.. there is a file here or on a android geek site. or my pc but look for the file that seems to have every update in it all at once. Down Load Odin 1.7 (i think) probably any form of odin will work.. then Down Load and install the samsung updates for yer PC.. run that file.. then open odin using the right click and select "run as administrator" then go to the line that says "PDA" select the file that you Downloaded . make sure it is in the PDA section and not the >phone< section... click start and walk off,, watch some tv it will take it a few minutes and when you look and everything is still blue and look like its stopped.. "Dont touch nothing" wait wait wait.. it will turn green and say "PASSED" then get all of the OTA's that Verizon has. and walla yer reloaded.. and ready to go.. if that doesnt work.. then i have failed you and am sry.. i have the files but cant seem to post them anywhere or dont know how...

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
this will give you all the info you need.. and as always anything i say is my opinion.. and i am not responsible for any damage to your ph try this >>http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii-rooting-roms-hacks/202897-guide-vzw-galaxy-s3-flashing-guide.html<<<