Android OS too high

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to figure out what has been making my OS reading so high lately. And not sure if it's related, but it's also taking forever to charge my phone to 100 percent.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-31-45.png

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's no high at all, in fact, it's pretty low if you ask me :). Are you seeing any negative effects, i.e. battery drain? That's nothing to worry about.

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That's no high at all, in fact, it's pretty low if you ask me :). Are you seeing any negative effects, i.e. battery drain? That's nothing to worry about.

yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?
If plugged into the wall outlet then it shouldn't take any longer than usual to charge. If you are charging via USB, then yes, charging times may take a little longer. That's common for most, if not all, stock devices.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm...I also don't think that your Android OS usage is out of proportion. You can use various tools to look for excess app usage, like BetterBattery Stats, where you can look at CPU states and see how much your phone is in deep sleep (should be about 80-95%, depending on how much you use your phone), and at wakeups and see if there is a particular app that's keeping your phone awake when it should be sleeping. You can try Greenify, which unfortunately requires a phone to be rooted, but it can help with battery usage.

On the other hand, there's a very small chance that your battery may need to be replaced. That's much less likely than some app(s) doing things that you'd rather they not do *smile*, but it happens, too.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

When the device idles for extended periods, the OS shows up as a high consumer of power. That is normal.
You can try to clear cache in recovery to see if that will help battery life.

From an Illusion S3

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung micro-usb cables have both kinda died, taking forever to charge and giving somewhat reduced battery life, so I switched cables to my ancient Palm Pre cable and it charges very fast once again, and the battery life is back to normal. :) I guess they're cheap cables.

Posted via Android Central App

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If plugged into the wall outlet then it shouldn't take any longer than usual to charge. If you are charging via USB, then yes, charging times may take a little longer. That's common for most, if not all, stock devices.

yah, it took about 4 hours the other day to charge when i plugged it into the wall. might be a battery issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm...I also don't think that your Android OS usage is out of proportion. You can use various tools to look for excess app usage, like BetterBattery Stats, where you can look at CPU states and see how much your phone is in deep sleep (should be about 80-95%, depending on how much you use your phone), and at wakeups and see if there is a particular app that's keeping your phone awake when it should be sleeping. You can try Greenify, which unfortunately requires a phone to be rooted, but it can help with battery usage.

On the other hand, there's a very small chance that your battery may need to be replaced. That's much less likely than some app(s) doing things that you'd rather they not do *smile*, but it happens, too.

i'll download better battery stats and see if i can find anything out of the ordinary. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya