1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Export/Copy E-mail from Phone to PC

Hello All... I did some searches but couldn't seem to find an clear answer on this issue. On my phone I use my GoDaddy SMTP email account but I am setting up a new laptop and would like to get the e-mails in the "sent" folder of the phone into my Outlook client on my new laptop. I would have thought this would be easy but I can't figure out how.

Default Re: Export/Copy E-mail from Phone to PC

If you're sharing the same account between the two then your laptop should show everything that the phone shows - it's a server-based email service, so the Inbox, unread counts, etc should all be maintained at the server end.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I wish it was that easy but its not... that only works that way with imap and exchange style emails... smtp/pop does not show the sent e-mails from the phone in the webmail or the PC... that's why I am trying to figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If you're sharing the same account between the two then your laptop should show everything that the phone shows - it's a server-based email service, so the Inbox, unread counts, etc should all be maintained at the server end.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forward them to yourself.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

@Compstuff,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

You are correct in that IMAP will sync your sent folder within Outlook to the server. However, POP only downloads copies to the client and does not sync any folders across devices.

If you have any additional questions feel free to reply or send me a private message if you have any additional questions.