Export/Copy E-mail from Phone to PC

Compstuff

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello All... I did some searches but couldn't seem to find an clear answer on this issue. On my phone I use my GoDaddy SMTP email account but I am setting up a new laptop and would like to get the e-mails in the "sent" folder of the phone into my Outlook client on my new laptop. I would have thought this would be easy but I can't figure out how.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're sharing the same account between the two then your laptop should show everything that the phone shows - it's a server-based email service, so the Inbox, unread counts, etc should all be maintained at the server end.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Compstuff

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I wish it was that easy but its not... that only works that way with imap and exchange style emails... smtp/pop does not show the sent e-mails from the phone in the webmail or the PC... that's why I am trying to figure out how to do it.

If you're sharing the same account between the two then your laptop should show everything that the phone shows - it's a server-based email service, so the Inbox, unread counts, etc should all be maintained at the server end.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@Compstuff,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

You are correct in that IMAP will sync your sent folder within Outlook to the server. However, POP only downloads copies to the client and does not sync any folders across devices.

If you have any additional questions feel free to reply or send me a private message if you have any additional questions.

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
@Compstuff,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

You are correct in that IMAP will sync your sent folder within Outlook to the server. However, POP only downloads copies to the client and does not sync any folders across devices.

If you have any additional questions feel free to reply or send me a private message if you have any additional questions.

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
Hello ,
i have a problem with the mails. i also use go-daddy and i had problems with my password and payment. when i did the payment and had to enter the password. my mails where no more into box and all folders i created had been deleted by its own. am doing imap on the laptop and pop3 on my phone .

how can i move the mails on my phone to my laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress